Favorite Pyramaze Songs You Want to Hear at Prog Power USA?

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
First time posting on this forum...

Let me just say, when the roster to Prog Power USA was announced, I didn't even have albums by almost half the bands - Pyramaze, Wastefall, Thunderstone, and Freak Kitchen. And I consider myself a well prog/power connoissuer. So I bought albums by all these bands with the exception of Wastefall (can't find any of their albums), in a move one of my friends thinks I'm crazy for. He feels you should buy into bands based on merit, not because you might be seeing them live (hence why he refused to go to Prog Power this year).

When I picked up the debut, I thought the band had all the right ingredients but was missing something... still good stuff with great songs like "The Journey" and "Foresaken Kingdom" that really hold it together well. When I finally got Legend of the Bone Carver, I wasn't expecting the band to have gotten their act together this well. Every song is phenomenal! With this release, I can honestly say I'm more excited about seeing Pyramaze Friday night than I am about Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen, and Mercenary. Evergrey is the only band on Friday night I'm more excited about seeing.

Legend of the Bone Carver has some truly killer songs! And the essential song that really shows the band heading in the right direction is "What Lies Beyond." There's that progressive wall of sound that the debut album had, but the melodies have more focus. The chorus is simply outstanding, one of the best I have ever heard... and with those leads singing underneath, it's just such an overwhelming experience. I really hope the band opts to play this song live as it really has that spark. The band will probably have time for 7 or 8 songs.

From the debut:
Foresaken Kingdom
The Journey

From The Legend of the Bone Carver
What Lies Beyond (PLEASE play this)
Souls In Pain
Ancient Words Within
The Bone Carver
The Birth

Another option might be playing the entire Legend of the Bone Carver album... but I don't think there'd be enough time unless the band started early.

I'd like to thank the band for writing such killer music! And please write more songs as good as "What Lies Beyond"!!!

The Michael

Thanks for the kind words dude! We will take your requests into consideration, as it is our policy to honor and respect our fans as best we can. Thanks again and cheers -jonah-

Honestly, I don't really care which songs you pick... but look for me going nuts when you play "What Lies Beyond." :headbang: This is my only request (I know "Souls In Pain" will be played regardless)... and hopefully other forum members will back me on it.

The Michael

I love this new album but the debut holds a special place in my metal memories:

Power of Imagination and Legend are the songs from Melancholy that take me back to 04 more than anything else.

Those are the only ones that I request.

"Melancholy Beast" is probably my favorite that I've heard from the mighty Pyramaze, but I still need to get the new album. >..<

I don't know if it would be possible, but now that I have the lyrics.. "she who summoned me" is one of my favorites :) (not that I couldn't understand the lyrics before.. but I have a better understanding of the entire story).

It would be cool to have this slower paced song in the middle of everything, however I don't know how it would sound with one of you dudes doing the girl's part :p lol

The Birth
What Lies Beyond
Ancient Words Within
Souls in Pain
The Bone Carver
Foresaken Kingdom
The Journey

I would cry to see this setlist!

bottom line! anything they play will sound amazing. unlike other bands pyramaze does not need a request setlist,they could play any song from both cd.s & i would have no problem! its a credit to this band to have 2 cd.s with not one weak track on them. i only hope i can make the trek to ga. to see them! cheers-muz!

I recently discovered Pyramaze via the new album.
Unfortunately, I will not be at Prog Power.
Here are my favorites though (for what its worth):
- What Lies Beyond
- She Who Summoned Me
- Souls in Pain
- The Bone Carver

The Michael - I also buy CDs from bands that I know I am going to see. It makes the live experience that much more enjoyable if you know some of the tunes. Why would your friend think that is crazy? Like for Chicago Powerfest, I was not familiar with Morgana Lefay, so I picked up whichever one I found cheapest (The Seventh Seal). Now I will admit, I was not blown away by them (live or on disc) , but knowing some of the tracks made the show more enjoyable.

hey mike! 1st. youv'e said no stupid ??'s, like how long is toke's dick?-& now sexual favors from toke? something is up here? ha!! cheers muz.

am_ash2 said:
Now, Michael......stop being such a naughty boy or I'll have to punish you!
WOOOOHOOOOOOO you tell him Angela, We as the PYRAMAZE street team would just like to hear ANY PYRAMAZE song.:headbang: