Favorite reissues NOT on Divebomb?

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
I love all the stuff on Rock Candy Records, but I am most stoked for the COLD STEEL demo set coming on Stormspell Records.

But possibly my favorite discovery via reissue was the HELD UNDER album also on SSR. It blew me away.

Video doesn't do them justice however

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a tough one. Stormspell has definitely done some great reissues. Also Marquee with the Sacrifice albums and China's AreaDeath with Rampage, Devastation and Midian. I have to agree with you on Rock Candy as well!

Any label that would do good reissues of all the Razor albums on cd would have my eternal gratitude and respect! Greatest band ever in my opinion. How it's never been done is beyond me :err:

Oh, I almost forgot Sweden's I HATE records. They've done some great reissues of Root, Protector and Hypnosia.

That's a tough one. Stormspell has definitely done some great reissues. Also Marquee with the Sacrifice albums and China's AreaDeath with Rampage, Devastation and Midian. I have to agree with you on Rock Candy as well!

Any label that would do good reissues of all the Razor albums on cd would have my eternal gratitude and respect! Greatest band ever in my opinion. How it's never been done is beyond me :err:

Oh, I almost forgot Sweden's I HATE records. They've done some great reissues of Root, Protector and Hypnosia.

the RAZOR catalog hasn't been redone? oh wait, i have seen it in vinyl reissued recently. Yes, those albums definitely need to be put forth once again.

Just started selling wholesale with I HATE, good dude for sure!

Yeah the first couple of RAZOR albums ("Executioner's Song", "Evil Invaders" and "Malicious Intent") were reissued on cd by a label called Unidisc a couple of years ago. Those releases look and sound horrendous though. And you're right, a few of their albums were released on vinyl recently by High Roller and War on Music. Those I have. But I also want them on cd. In uniform. Neatly done with liner notes, remastered and so forth :D

Peter at I HATE is a great guy indeed. He is my go-to-guy when I'm looking for the coolest stuff! That's were I bought all your stuff :)

Awesome! it's great to see the flow of distribution working. Yes, Peter has been great to deal with.

Unidisc is Canadian label (which I am sure you are aware of, hahaha) who I believe owns the rights to the Razor stuff, like they do early ANVIL and SWORD. Most of their CDs aren't remastered, however there are some SWORD editions out there that have been remastered which was shocking when i picked them up.

Too many releases to name, but I'm really glad that nowadays there are some label interested in this kind of business (little provocation: maybe Metal hasn't anything else to say? :D Just kidding, I love new bands). However, just to name a few:

Gorguts - Considered Dead, by Metal Mind
Electrocution - Inside The Unreal by Code666
Demilich - Nespithe, by Xtreem Music
Wombbath - Internal Caustic Torments, by Necroharmonic Records
Pan.Thy.Monium - Dawn Of Dreams/Khaooohs, by Osmose (but I own a Russian licensed edition)
Wrath - Fit Of Anger (soon by Stormspell!)

I really enjoy Stormspell releases a lot. I also like the Retroactive records releases too - their recent re-issues of the first three Saint album is really great sounding.

Who else loves boxsets?
I think that Century Media and Metal Mind do a great job with those kind of releases... by Century Media it was possible for me getting the entire Psychotic Waltz discography for a ridicolous price, and by Metal Mind I had Defiance box "Insomnia", with 3 albums... planning to take Artillery box too someday!

Who else loves boxsets?
I think that Century Media and Metal Mind do a great job with those kind of releases... by Century Media it was possible for me getting the entire Psychotic Waltz discography for a ridicolous price, and by Metal Mind I had Defiance box "Insomnia", with 3 albums... planning to take Artillery box too someday!

A couple of recent box set buys for me were Bang and Orange Goblin, both from Rise Above. They do a great job with their sets.

Who else loves boxsets?

The Defiance boxset was great! I believe some label also did boxsets for Sacred Reich's Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua and for Hallow's Eve first three albums (I still can't believe these three classics only cost a combined $13 with an insane amount of bonus material!)

The Defiance boxset was great! I believe some label also did boxsets for Sacred Reich's Ignorance/Surf Nicaragua and for Hallow's Eve first three albums (I still can't believe these three classics only cost a combined $13 with an insane amount of bonus material!)

Those were on Metal Blade, and yes they did a pretty great job with them. Better than they did with that paper-thin Helstar 3-disc set anyway. I'm still bitter over that one. :yuk:

Those were on Metal Blade, and yes they did a pretty great job with them. Better than they did with that paper-thin Helstar 3-disc set anyway. I'm still bitter over that one. :yuk:

Oooops, you're right! :D
Psychotic Waltz, Omen, Voivod... all by Metal Blade.
By the way, Century Media boss should think about reissuing his own (ex) band, Despair.

Oooops, you're right! :D
Psychotic Waltz, Omen, Voivod... all by Metal Blade.
By the way, Century Media boss should think about reissuing his own (ex) band, Despair.

Century Media is usually very open to licensing albums. They were super cool to me when I came to them about the CRO-MAGS Alpha Omega album, much cooler than vocalist, John Joseph, that is for sure. hahaha.

Metal Blade and Metal Mind are the worse reissues; seriously put some effort into it. The Metal Blade Bitch looks like it is pieced together by a five year old playing around with Photoshop. The DVDs is the MB releases are terrible; not only are they not edited, menued, and cleaned up, but I have seen bootlegs that look better.
And when will they all realize that digipacks SUCK and start considering the collectors that they are marketing towards?