Favorite reissues NOT on Divebomb?

I really liked the Fates Warning Metal Blade Reissues. Some of the BEST. I gotta admit I only own one Divebomb release. I spin the Solstice one all the time though.

I really liked the Fates Warning Metal Blade Reissues. Some of the BEST. I gotta admit I only own one Divebomb release. I spin the Solstice one all the time though.

It's all good and that is great one to start with. Thanks for stopping by.

My beef with FW is the digipacks. Ha ha. Guardian is great except video blows. I usually just want a good upgrade in mastering with my reissues. Other fans love the extras. :)

It's all good and that is great one to start with. Thanks for stopping by.

My beef with FW is the digipacks. Ha ha. Guardian is great except video blows. I usually just want a good upgrade in mastering with my reissues. Other fans love the extras. :)

I almost never watch the bonus DVDs. As for bonus material, b-sides (especially the stuff that goes to Japanese markets, etc.) are a HUGE selling point for me. And yes, digipacks are weaksauce for the most part. Every once in a while I see one that's well put together and looks nice.

The Metal Blade re-issues suck all around; I hate digipaks, the sound is never different, never get photoes I have not seen before, the DVDs are always poor quality and look like they are put together by the worst bootlegger with horrible VHR editing skills.
I would think that since this reissues are basically targeted at us the collectors that maybe labels would take a little more time in putting together a good product, but no that does not seem to matter so we get those ugly Shapnel reissues.
I watch a Metal Blade DVD and think of what I once thought of that label and how awesome it was, then see the Fates concert that is worse quality than the boot I have had one VHS for more 15 years before that DVD. Or the Bitch DVD, goddamn put some effort into it. I put out a DVD in a reissue and spent a lot of time and money cleaning up sound, lighting, adding menu screens, etc on virtually the same type of hand held shot shows Metal Blade uses, the difference is I went that extra length for the fans and collectors. For that mater the Dive Bomb Confessor DVD as well (of course we use the same guy).
I'm not wanting to boast here, just saying. One would think that "bigger" labels could and would do more but doesn't seem like that is the way it is.
Oh and one last thing on the Metal Blade; recently packing all my CDs for my upcoming move I begin to pull the Fates Warning off of the shelf and I'm remained by how annoying it is to get reissues in different types of casing (thick digi, little digi, jewelcase) which ever way they are going to be done at least do them all the same way.

Oh and one last thing on the Metal Blade; recently packing all my CDs for my upcoming move I begin to pull the Fates Warning off of the shelf and I'm remained by how annoying it is to get reissues in different types of casing (thick digi, little digi, jewelcase) which ever way they are going to be done at least do them all the same way.

YES. It makes no sense to me why they did it this way.

As for sound quality, the Helstar reissues sounded much better than the originals. So did the Lizzy Borden. I wish they would do the other LB titles.

YES. It makes no sense to me why they did it this way.

As for sound quality, the Helstar reissues sounded much better than the originals. So did the Lizzy Borden. I wish they would do the other LB titles.

The Helstar actually do kick in sound. Good thing too because that last album was not hitting on to much, good to have those older albums with good sound to go back to.

Last HELSTAR record was awesome. Super heavy, thrashy and dark. I loved the change.

yep, but you forgot generic, processed, unoriginal. Just seemed uninspired and sounded to much like other modern U.S. power metal. You know there was a time when all these bands had their own sound but now it seems they are all the same. But hey I do not deny I'm still holding on to a time long ago when Helstar could not be touched.
Just did not do it for me, thought one song sounded the same as the next. That is hard to say since I'm still holding on to the idea that one day Rivera will deliver an album as great as 'Nosferatu'

Rivera is going down the Ripper Owens route by burning himself on way too many projects. I don't think HELSTAR would ever be able to touch Nosferatu, not without Andre Corbin on board. I'm looking forward to the upcoming TEMPLE OF BLOOD album which features Corbin. I hope Jim Mullis let Andre unleash his creative powers.

I picked up the Shark Island: Law of the Order/Live at the Whiskey reissue a few weeks ago, and I have to say that's one of the nicest reissues I've seen. Good remastering, plenty of bonus material (including their soundtrack songs), and a thick, glossy booklet. It rivals the Axe Killer stuff. Does anyone know if the label (Bad Reputation) issued any other gems?

Edit - I just looked up the label. A better question may be is this a retooled Axe Killer label?

I picked up the Shark Island: Law of the Order/Live at the Whiskey reissue a few weeks ago, and I have to say that's one of the nicest reissues I've seen. Good remastering, plenty of bonus material (including their soundtrack songs), and a thick, glossy booklet. It rivals the Axe Killer stuff. Does anyone know if the label (Bad Reputation) issued any other gems?

Edit - I just looked up the label. A better question may be is this a retooled Axe Killer label?

Don't know much but i believe they did the VAIN album, BRITNY FOX and WAR BABIES and maybe METAL CHURCH Human Factor. But I could be wrong just going from memory which we all know is shaky at best these days.

Metal Blade and Metal Mind are the worse reissues; seriously put some effort into it. And when will they all realize that digipacks SUCK and start considering the collectors that they are marketing towards?
The Metal Blade re-issues suck all around; I hate digipaks, the sound is never different, never get photoes I have not seen before
I'm remained by how annoying it is to get reissues in different types of casing (thick digi, little digi, jewelcase) which ever way they are going to be done at least do them all the same way.

I only have the Metal Blade remaster of Doomsday for the Deceiver and that one isn't too bad. At least it's not a digipak. Their digipaks are extremely infuriating though because of the often varying sizes of them. I like consistency between releases (perhaps my one OCD trait heh, well and keeping my CDs in alphabetical and chronological order). I have the Metal Mind Carnivore and Flotsam remasters and they are too bad either, just ... digipaks again, blah. Those Wounded Bird Loudness reissues are pretty ugly and bare bones too. Had to trade up those for the JP 2009 SHM remasters. Please never use digipaks Matt :p

I buy poly sleeves for those stupid digis to TRY to keep them in decent condition.

As for reissues I do like:
Trouble reissues from FRW Music
Armored Saint from Rock Candy
Dio Holy Diver/Last/Line/Sacred Heart Deluxe Editions
Bride Originals Remasters ... These could be better but! Sound is improved and there's some new liner notes. Still, they are digipaks too :/
The Death remasters coming out are nice too (minus the digipak business of the 3-disc version(s), blah)
W.A.S.P. - Those '98 Snapper releases were pretty comprehensive, excellent stuff.