Favorite reissues NOT on Divebomb?

I only have the Metal Blade remaster of Doomsday for the Deceiver and that one isn't too bad. At least it's not a digipak. Their digipaks are extremely infuriating though because of the often varying sizes of them. I like consistency between releases (perhaps my one OCD trait heh, well and keeping my CDs in alphabetical and chronological order). I have the Metal Mind Carnivore and Flotsam remasters and they are too bad either, just ... digipaks again, blah. Those Wounded Bird Loudness reissues are pretty ugly and bare bones too. Had to trade up those for the JP 2009 SHM remasters. Please never use digipaks Matt :p

I buy poly sleeves for those stupid digis to TRY to keep them in decent condition.

As for reissues I do like:
Trouble reissues from FRW Music
Armored Saint from Rock Candy
Dio Holy Diver/Last/Line/Sacred Heart Deluxe Editions
Bride Originals Remasters ... These could be better but! Sound is improved and there's some new liner notes. Still, they are digipaks too :/
The Death remasters coming out are nice too (minus the digipak business of the 3-disc version(s), blah)
W.A.S.P. - Those '98 Snapper releases were pretty comprehensive, excellent stuff.

This guy sounds like my kind of collector. All one format, alpha/chrono, no digis. Rock!

And I'm holding out for the super Death box set that is rumored to be on the way. It's supposed to have EVERYTHING in one shot.

Please never use digipaks Matt :p

I buy poly sleeves for those stupid digis to TRY to keep them in decent condition.

Anacrusis was only digi and only reason I did it is that Kenn insisted to keep format the same as his original pressing. Other than that, NO DIGIS!

And yes I keep all my digis in bags too. Justin will tell you how anal i am about my collection. i would make people wear gloves to look at them if i could.

Anacrusis was only digi and only reason I did it is that Kenn insisted to keep format the same as his original pressing. Other than that, NO DIGIS!

And yes I keep all my digis in bags too. Justin will tell you how anal i am about my collection. i would make people wear gloves to look at them if i could.

Nice :) And yes I would too hah. I can just imagine how insane someone would think I am for asking that of them >_>

Please elaborate :)

Hmm yes what he said, details!

Also read the back and forth about the Wrath albums. FoA coming out is all well and good, NtF is what I really would like to have though. :(

I bad the digis too. Nor do I ever plan to release digis; although from what I hear we may not have a choice in the not so distant future.

Please elaborate :)

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 22:50:16 EST

Former DEATH manager and President of Perseverance Holdings Ltd. Eric Greif has issued the following statement:

"The giant news announcement... kinda got out of hand. Making announcements in this running format (on Facebook) is weird because there is then a thread of hundreds of responses (some, about Chuck coming back from the dead, were a bit OTT... but nevermind). I know it isn't possible to make everyone happy, but we're trying like hell for the fans. Anyhow, the news is this: Roadrunner has sent me a contract after working on this for well over a year, allowing for Symbolic to be part of a monster Death, 14 disc box set on Relapse. Obviously that would allow us to do Symbolic-era bonus material, as well. We could also (obviously) include stuff NOT on the reissues. Looking at 2013 +. If this hadn't been worked out with RR, it would have only included 6 Death albums. So, this is fucking killer news."

Former DEATH manager and President of Perseverance Holdings Ltd. Eric Greif has issued the following statement:

"The giant news announcement... kinda got out of hand. Making announcements in this running format (on Facebook) is weird because there is then a thread of hundreds of responses (some, about Chuck coming back from the dead, were a bit OTT... but nevermind). I know it isn't possible to make everyone happy, but we're trying like hell for the fans. Anyhow, the news is this: Roadrunner has sent me a contract after working on this for well over a year, allowing for Symbolic to be part of a monster Death, 14 disc box set on Relapse. Obviously that would allow us to do Symbolic-era bonus material, as well. We could also (obviously) include stuff NOT on the reissues. Looking at 2013 +. If this hadn't been worked out with RR, it would have only included 6 Death albums. So, this is fucking killer news."

That is awesome! Glad i havent bought all the Death reissues then, i have only 1 because i stole it for cheap off Ebay. Hopefully it does included all the 3 disc sets of the albums and more. I will buy that in a heart beat.

I don't want to sound like a dick but the deluxe edition of Symbolic was already reissued.

I love Chuck and Death and Control Denied but this is getting out of hand.

Put out the unreleased Control Denied record before anymore previously released and reissued Death albums. I am DYING to hear that over and rehashed Death reissue and I am pretty sure THAT is what Chuck would want fans to hear.