Favorite SAXON song??

T

TRtwisted

OK well I know picking one song is pretty hard, but I just wanna know what everyone else thinks? So think long and hard.

I would have to say my favorite SAXON song is POWER AND THE GLORY. It packs quite a punch and the lyrics are fantastic! In my opinion this is the definitive SAXON song!

No disrespect to the newer material! I love CONQUISTADOR and ALL GUNS BLAZING! But POWER AND THE GLORY just @#%$ing KICKS ASS!!

So what does everyone else think?

I have 2, both from Wheels Of Steel, '747' and 'Suzie Hold On'

At last a place to praise one of the best Metal Bands of all time, I agree with you as I was reading your question Power and the Glory was the first song that entered my mind, I also love redline. I love them all from the classic Denim and leather and so on. I also would like to say that I think the album Crusader is one of the best albums of all time, even though I like the heavy side of SAXON best this was a great album that didn't get the respect it deserved. Wheels of steel and Strong Arm of the Law stayed on my turntable all the time when they first came out, classic stuff, ROCK on SAXON.

As the webmaster of this here site, I would have to say "all of 'em"!

However, after following one of the greatest most underrated Rock bands of all time, who has released countless classics, my top faves would have to be:

Eagle Has Landed
Dallas 1pm
Broken Heroes

Cheers Guys!
Vince

I have yet to hear a saxon song I didn't like....... so it's hard to think of just one ....... but the one song that comes to mind every time is CRUSADER...... that song has stuck me hard every time I've herd it!

18 years of listening to the band and I STILL have to say that "Princess Of The Night" is my fave single. However such slower, more ambient tracks like "Frozen Rainbow" and "The Eagle Has Landed" brought out a part of the band that NO ONE could touch. Let's not forget the anthems "Heavy Metal Thunder" and "Motorcycle Man" too, @#%$ now I'm not sure if I actually HAVE a favorite SAXON tune...there's too many to name! Here SAXON do their cover of JUDAS PRIEST's "You've Got Another Thing Comin" on the "Delivering The Goods" Tribute To Judas Priest, coming out in the States on Century Media Records in early September. Denim & Leather brought us all together...

Hello felow Saxon Fans worldwide!! I would have to say my five favorite Saxon songs are:

1. Requiem (We Will Rember) (Live version Eagle II)

2. Broken Heroes ( live version from Rock and Roll Gypsies)

3. Do It All For You (Crusader)

4. Frozen Rainbow (Greatest Hits Live)

5. Waiting Fot The Night (Rock The Nations)

My overall favorite CD would have to be Solid Ball Of Rock, I can play that thing every day and not grow tired of it! There would be a tie for the next favorite with Eagle II, Rock and Roll Gypsies and Greatest Hits Live!! Would live to see a VHS video of Eagle part II !!!!

As a fan since 1981 I've heard 'em all and apart from the song that got me into the band in the first place (Militia Guard off the first album) my favourite song would be Midnight Rider off Denim and Leather, a very underrated and often missed out song.

Power and Glory is up there. Crusader got me hooked. I measure this by the chills a song gives me when pounding at 11 on the dial. Denim & Leather was always that song, but then came....

Ride Like the Wind
(uh... no.... what was up with that, anyway?)

seriously, I didn't think anything could bump D&L from the top spot, but I've got to go with:

Thin Red Line

Picking just one is an impossible task. So, here goes:
Unleash The Beast
Dogs Of War
Forever Free
Can't Stop Rockin
Power And The Glory
Midnite Rider
Princess Of The Night
Wheels Of Steel
Thin Red Line
Song Of Evil
Great White Buffalo
Circle Of Light
Solid Ball Of Rock
Crash Drive
20,000 Feet
747 Strangers In The Night
All Hells Breakin Loose
Denim And Leather
Metalhead
Heavy Metal Thunder
Midas Touch
The Eagle Has Landed
Hold On
Strong Arm Of The Law - Just To Name A Few.

ive been a saxon fan for 15 years (thank god for older brothers). how can i name just one song. well if i have to. strong arm of the law.

There's one song that always makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck...

...always gives me chills, shivers....

...lifts me up out of the deepest of depressions...

SEE THE LIGHT SHINING!

show me the way...

This question for me is almost impossible! Since the first Saxon song I ever heard was "Strong Arm of the Law" that has to be one of them. Here's a few more:

"Crusader"
"747"
"Rock the Nations"
"Broken Heroes"
"And the Bands Played On"
"Princess of the Night"
"Just Let Me Rock"
and yes "Ride Like the Wind".....

This is impossible so I'll go with the following.
1. Dallas 1pm.
2. Dogs of War.
3. Solid Ball Of Rock
4. Conquistidor
5. Denim and Leather

I rotate my favorites. Right now I have been playing Metalhead alot and Travelers in Time and Sea of Life are good picks. Biff's vocal on Sea of Life is incredible!

To pick just one would be impossible.

PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT (opening rifts just blow you away)
DENIM AND LEATHER (says it all and tells all the popites wot its about);)

Metal 4ever.

well like most of the other replies to this question it has to be more than one, so here goes
Princess of the Night
747 strangers in the night
Solid Ball of Rock
but a hundred more could easily be added as when have Saxon every really done a naff song! a doubt ever really each has a merit even if it is to put a smile on yer face!!