WHY DOESN'T SAXON EVER PLAY "TO HELL AND BACK AGAIN" LIVE

metalchris666

New Metal Member
Jun 11, 2005
To hell and back again is tied with Lillian Axe-ghost Of Winter as my all time favorite song. It is also Paul Quinns favorite Saxon song. I have tons of Saxon live cd's but none with this song. Has anyone ever heard them play this song live or have any reasons why they don't play it live. Oh yea, Saxon-Strong Arm of the law is not only my favorite Saxon cd but my all time favorite cd period. An absolute classic. :headbang:

Hey metalchris666

A good question really!!

Well, I saw a information about a live version by To Hell and Back Again was included on Machester Apollo 1980 2 LP bootleg. Unfortunately I can´t confirm this information because I have the 1 LP version only. Maybe during NWOBHM Tour 2005 with Nigel on drums... :hotjump:

By the way, I heard a killer version by To Hell and Back Again performed by Paragon. :headbang:

Iv always wanted to hear this song live!!!! One killer tune!!! I think there is a good chance Saxon will play this one live again as Biff does like to fool around with set lists and change things around now and again. At least Saxon change their set list around alot more than other metal acts.

when your dealing with a band with a back catalog so deep its really hard to represent every album with at least 1 or 2 songs . Strong arm and Dallas from SAOTL pretty much get thrown in before anything else and you have so many other songs to throw in to a 1 to 2 hour set, let alone push your new release its always gonna leave some songs left in the dust. Maiden played Wrathchild on the Brave New World tour..I loved it, but im sure someone else would have rather heard Killers or Murders in the Rue Mourgue. Everyone has a favorite that gets passed over Im sure its just a question of trying to represent each album with the choicest cuts

What Paragon cd is "to hell and back again on". I would like to hear that. If I get an interview with Biff on my radio show, I am going to try and talk him into it. I hope spv records lines it up. And once again it is Paul Quinns favorite song. Lets do it for Paul.

Paragon released this song in 2002 like a bonus track for the album " Law Of The Blade " (digipak version)

metalchris666 said:
If I get an interview with Biff on my radio show....

Could i have some more info about your Radio show please metalchris666 ??

I remember hearing a version of 2 hell & back again by some band about 1983, it was seriously heavy, anyone know who it was? I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but remember the guy's name from my school who had it, Adrian Mellon, what a name, if your out there who was that band??

metalchris666 said:
my radio show is on monday nights 7-9 pm central time in the states at www.wqna.org. I am going to play "to hell and back again tonight".

Cool, thanks for the link, i will have to tune in!

yea, check it out. lots of power metal, death metal, thrash metal, black metal and classic metal. get on the wqna chat room if you get a chance. good show tonight. stormwitch, overkill, saxon, hammerfall, morbid angel, and on and on. Where do you live