Favorite Sitcom

Married with children is the most overrated ditcom ever probably. Its just really bad all of the time. Nothing there for me. I really dont get the hype Senfeld got and still gets. It does nothing for me.

I probably laugh the most when I watch Frasier which says much because I generally dont laugh out loud when watching tv.

I recently started watching That 70's show thats on a re-run every week day. I saw the last couple of seasons and then they started over with season 1. The first season was very good while the last couple was pretty forced ut alright.

I used to love Spin City as well (the Michael J Fox years of course).

Massive failure for not mentioning Arrested Development. Together with Seinfeld it's pretty much the only truly great American sitcom. It's mindblowing how that show ended up getting cancelled when something as generic as Everybody Loves Raymond got to make like 10 fucking seasons.

British comedy shows are awesome, but I can't be bothered to list my favourites because that would be a huge list.

Frasier, Arrested Development, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, The New Statesman, Extras, The Young Ones, etc.

Zach Braff is a faggot.

Yes, he is. Sarah Chalke annoys me as well but not nearly as much as Zach Braff does.

Also I am happy to see Benny Hill mentioned in this thread. I never really thought of it as a sitcom but still, it was a cool show. I used to watch re-runs of this when I was a little kid. I never got the jokes and just thought it was funny to watch the people running around in fast forward. :loco:

Massive failure for not mentioning Arrested Development. Together with Seinfeld it's pretty much the only truly great American sitcom. It's mindblowing how that show ended up getting cancelled when something as generic as Everybody Loves Raymond got to make like 10 fucking seasons.

British comedy shows are awesome, but I can't be bothered to list my favourites because that would be a huge list.

Holy shit. I'm actually a little embarrassed that I forgot Arrested Development! That was a fucking brilliant show, and the attention to detail was amazing. And, of course, there was Gob.
This was my exact reaction. It's unfortunate that I was just a couple years too young when it was on to really get it, but I am loving it now on reruns.

shit i can't believe i forgot about 3rd rock from the sun and i love lucy. 3rd rock from the sun is pretty obscure from what i remember and i love lucy is classic

toss up between arrested development and the thick if it. both are absolutely fucking superb, can't choose between them

honourable mention for south park, the simpsons, gervais' stuff and iannucci's other stuff

Armando Iannucci is a genius. Chris Morris too. I'm a bit disappointed about Iannucci's involvement with Lab Rats though, not sure why he is producing such a lame show. I watched the first three episodes and it's just not very funny. Seems like a step down from all the other stuff he's been involved with.