Favorite song on Live On The Edge Of Forever...

What is your favorite song on Live On The Edge Of Forever...

• Prelude

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallen/Transcendence

• Communion and the Oracle

• The Bird-Serpent War

• Smoke and Mirrors

• Total voters

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
The title speaks for itself. By the way, this isn't really a "vote for your favorite song", but more of a "vote for which song sounds the most killer when played live".

Go!

Had to go with Sins and Shadows. For me, this one and Smoke and Mirrors are tied - the energy is just incredible. But OSaS won out because of the intro - it just sounds so heavy it's unbelievable.

It's hard to choose really since the whole album smokes, but overall I chose Eyes of Medusa because I love how they speed it up a bit from the album version and the cool key thing Pinnella does over the riff in the beginning is so badass.

Of Sins and Shadows because of how they change the choir brige before the solo to alternate between russell and the other guys. I remember the first time I heard it I had to have rewound and played that part over and over 10 times. Such. F*cking. Genius.

Through the Looking Glass. that solo section added in the middle part is almost too awesome. the whole cd is great but TtLG stood out to me.

Divine wings of tragedy. So much better live and without the annoying choir intro.

Close seconds are: Communion and the oracle (amazing stops and then coming back in), Egypt (nice to actually hear leponds solo thing - on the record this was far too quiet), and of sins and shadows (Thank you everybody and goodnight! Passing through the void... :D)

I'm a wee pissed because I haven't been able to find Disc 2 for about a year. I seem to have misplaced it. But it's my favorite part of the set, especially the part where Russ screams, "Romeo" as he's kicking into his solo. Bugger.

DWOT for me. I shiver, blush, and get goosebumps every time I hear Russ do the vocals at the end. The sheer volume of emotion, beauty, and power escalates until I can't help but smile. Who can forget the ending---when Russ is holding that note after singing his heart out for two hours---holding it exquisitely longer than the studio album: the crowd goes wild as the immense power of the whole evening is concentrated and purified into a single, magical note.

Say it with me: "WOW!"

ABQShredHead said:
I'm a wee pissed because I haven't been able to find Disc 2 for about a year. I seem to have misplaced it. But it's my favorite part of the set, especially the part where Russ screams, "Romeo" as he's kicking into his solo. Bugger.

What about when Russel says "How 'bout another riff"! I don't remember what song it was though.

RequiemX said:
Who can forget the ending---when Russ is holding that note after singing his heart out for two hours---holding it exquisitely longer than the studio album: the crowd goes wild as the immense power of the whole evening is concentrated and purified into a single, magical note.

Say it with me: "WOW!"

WOW! I love that part, it's the best part and pure magic. What a way to end an album. But overall, after listening to it again after a year, I realize the record isn't very tight and well, that buggs me a lot. Why do most bands have to speed things up live to such extent that they can't keep up with it???

BTW, I voted for Candlelight because it's the overall best. Waaay better than the album.