Votes: 1 6.7%
  • In Memories Past

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • The Day I Return

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aura Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I guess I got to the be the first one to vote! "In Memories Past" is my favorite by far...the song just has such groove to it. Maybe it's because it's kind of the "out of character" song on the album, I dunno:D

Oh yeah, this reminds me- the maudlin guys had a post up asking what songs people would like to hear live. I told them I was gonna steal it. Cuz I'm evil and mean and nasty bitchy.

I just think it's a boring song. The chord progressions don't do it for me, and generally I don't care for 'gothic metal' so I don't like that it throws us into that genre. It clogs my bowels to hear us compared to gothic bands.

'Gothic metal' NEVER crossed my mind when listening to that song. NEVER. I think it's a good doom song. Maybe my genres are messed up. When I think 'gothic', I think of present day Tiamat, Virgin Black, or old Theater of Tragedy(yuck).

If I had to 'throw you into a category', I would put you with older-Katatonia, Opeth, Darren White era Anathema, and My Dying Bride. People may consider MDB 'gothic metal', but lets be serious, they are a doom/death band.

I never saw Novembers Doom as a gothic band. Thats where I stand.

I'd personally rather be heard in that vein than lumped in with the new Tiamat. That's exactly the kind of stuff I was not interested in us sounding like, although I still fear that particular song gets a little too close to it for my taste.

It's my own fault anyway, so I'll just attempt to write more stuff I personally like in the future. A little more 'fun' maybe- as in technically/compositionally fun, not dogs in dresses fun.

It's good to hear you don't want to sound like present day Tiamat. *wipes sweat off brow* If only they would have stuck to the sound of Wildhoney.....

SP006.jpg

And I don't think this is a dog...

SP009.jpg

Disturbing (The dogs). :)

Now I almost feel bad about liking that song. Wait, no I don't. Actually "The Knowing" is one of those cover to cover albums for me. I don't generally listen to it unless I have time to get through the whole cd. I end up feeling cheated if I don't get to listen to it all. BTW, I listen to it quite a bit.