Favorite song on V?

What is your favorite song on V: The New Mythology Suite?

• Evolution (The Grand Design)

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Fallen

• Communion and the Oracle

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • The Bird-Serpent War/Cataclysm

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Egypt

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Absence of Light

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • A Fool's Paradise

• Rediscovery Part II - The New Mythology

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
This hasen't been done in a while, so I'll start up a new thread. What is everyone's favorite FULL song on V: The New Mythology Suite?

I left out the instrumental interludes because they're not full songs (similar to what I did on the TIO poll with Sonata).

Mine is Communion and the Oracle. I've recently discovered how peaceful this song is, and Romeo's multiple solos are all really different for him (and awesome).

Difficult for me. It's a tie between Communion and Oracle and Rediscovery. Both excellent songs, both very touching... I voted for Rediscovery (specially for that guitar part after "Peace and war - a line of kings" that blew me away the first time I heard it).

After those 2, Evolution and Abscence of Light are in second place. Egypt and A Fool's Paradise share the third one. Fallen is fourth and last but not least, The Bird Serpent War/Cataclysm in fifth.

Very tough decision...

if you would of asked me a week or so ago i would of said FALLEN! but C&TO is just such a beautiful song with amazing solo's and harmonies and the ending segue is just wow.

now probably my fav. syx album, it was hard to decide, i went for absence coz its my fav short song, and its catchy. i was thinking hard between it, c&to and rediscovery2..it was tough to decide.

isnt it interesting that last time we did this poll, Fallen i think was the winner, now its one of least? Shows that the album has alot of diversity

Sympozium said:
Death of Balance. Where the fuck is it.
Death of Balance is fucking awesome! Rullo shines on this like in no other SyX song I can think of. I guess they didn't include it here because it's instrumental. I guess the classification of a SyX "song" is one that incorporates the entire band.