Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Book Of The Dead

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Unseen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beware

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Dark Hallucinations! It was the first CD I got from them and still remains my fav! By a CLOSE second Book of The Dead and then Messiah... although I like all the releases, they are all so different :headbang:

Same here "Dark Hallucinations", " Into The Void" and "Messiah" are my favorites. The last one however "Beware" did nothing for me. Nor am I that crazy about "Unseen".

So you could say I like their middle period best.

"Into The Void" with "Messiah" closing in.

Well, my faves are (in order):

Dark Hallucinations (just prog and heavy enough and Fahrenheit 451)
Beware (best melodies and up tempo through out)
Goddess Principle (crazy and the first one; lyrics are a hoot)
Book of the Dead (it's got my fave/heaviest SP moment ever; Oleander!)
Unseen (reminds me of Zep-Presence, Aerosmith-Rocks and Sabbath-Sabotage. 70's vibe. most varied and unusual SP disc)
Messiah (Dickens, Shakespeare and the most Queen influence)
Into the Void (well, it's got the best SP ballad)
Genesis (some nice covers; I like Purgatory, Neon Knights and Don't You Forget about Me the best)
Eyes of the Prophet (I have no turntable, so I've never actually heard it...)
Continuum (hate it!)

Wow, is that 10 albums already? And number 11 is being written right now...

stevekachinsky said:

Dark Hallucinations (just prog and heavy enough and Fahrenheit 451)
Beware (best melodies and up tempo through out)
Goddess Principle (crazy and the first one; lyrics are a hoot)
Book of the Dead (it's got my fave/heaviest SP moment ever; Oleander!)
Unseen (reminds me of Zep-Presence, Aerosmith-Rocks and Sabbath-Sabotage. 70's vibe. most varied and unusual SP disc)
Messiah (Dickens, Shakespeare and the most Queen influence)
Into the Void (well, it's got the best SP ballad)
Genesis (some nice covers; I like Purgatory, Neon Knights and Don't You Forget about Me the best)
Continuum (hate it!)

Wow, is that 10 albums already? And number 11 is being written right now...

I can't find Continuum anywhere without having to saw my leg off on eBay....
What is Eyes of the Prophet?

Papa Josh said:
I can't find Continuum anywhere without having to saw my leg off on eBay....
What is Eyes of the Prophet?

Continuum was limited to 1200 copies, so it's a tough find. Maybe a re-release some day, but the ep really sucks; a rush job...

Eyes of the Prophet is a collection of old demo tracks, live songs from the Messiah tour and two unreleased songs. It was just supposed to be 1000 pieces of vinyl, but was released as a bonus disc for the US version of Beware. 10 songs on it. The two unreleased songs are pretty good; they are mostly Vince Dennis songs. Rick sings on them.

stevekachinsky said:
Continuum was limited to 1200 copies, so it's a tough find. Maybe a re-release some day, but the ep really sucks; a rush job...

Eyes of the Prophet is a collection of old demo tracks, live songs from the Messiah tour and two unreleased songs. It was just supposed to be 1000 pieces of vinyl, but was released as a bonus disc for the US version of Beware. 10 songs on it. The two unreleased songs are pretty good; they are mostly Vince Dennis songs. Rick sings on them.

Oh, well I have that then!! Making sure I wasn't missing something else! As far as Continuum, it was really that limited? Damn, I should've grabbed it at $17 when I had the chance!

stevekachinsky said:

You're pulling our leg isn't it Steve? Even I had it on CD (the "Beware" expanded version :D ) .

Wyvern said:
You're pulling our leg isn't it Steve? Even I had it on CD (the "Beware" expanded version :D ) .

Would I pull your leg Wyvern? ;) I might, but I'm not right now! I heard the tracks when we compiled the disc, but I have yet to spin the actual vinyl or CD. I think I will though, one of these days. Never watched the DVD past the Leatherette video either. Somehow the archival footage never was edited as was promised...

Dark Hallucinations, Into the Void, and Goddess Principle off of the top of my head...hard to say, they all bring such different things to the table, different moods, vibes, and music. It's nice to see the path they have taken and that they still continue on with the best of em.

stevekachinsky said:
Hey Wyvern,
Just out of curiousity did you get your CD through Megahard Records in South America, or did you buy an import?

I got it through Laser's Edge. Is a neat online distro that specializes in pogressive rock/metal. And was the domestic (USA) version so it was reasonable priced.

Believe it or not getting a South America release here is extremely difficult (it was easier for me when I was in US even). European releases can be found but of course highly expensive (oh the Euro...). So I'm rely mostly into US releases.

Messiah and/or Dark Hallucinations.

I also think Unseen was really cool despite the criticism, seems like not so many people dig that one.
However I was a bit disapointed by Beware to be honest, even though there are a few tracks I really like.

1.) Dark Hallucinations (it was my first SP-album ever and it got me into Fahrenheit 451 big time! This album became very precious to me!)

2.) Messiah (goddamn, this album is perfect from the first note to the last!)

3.) Book Of The Dead (it has some of the best melodies, SP ever created!)

4.) Into The Void (it's the perfect symbiosis of the debut album and the style that would follow on later albums, it has the best "gallop-riffs"!!!)

5.) The Goddess Principle (it's got the typical early-Fates-Warning-style, but is much heavier than FW! I love it!)

---
the rest varies, has to do with my mood...

My favorite is Beware. I know it failed to please many people, but I just love this album. The production is far from powerful, but the songs are great. I really like the vocals of Nadir, and this album is not so influenced by Iron Maiden like the other releases, it has a Sabbath riffing style.