Favorite SWANÖ Moment

liquidtension

zhe-mee-see
Jun 27, 2002
Brazil
I saw this game in the Opeth forum and it is quite interesting...
Someone writes down his favorite Opeth moment, for exemple:

In Mist She Was Standing (6:33 -> 8:09)
VS
Black Rose Immortal (13:39 -> 14:40)

Then the next poster chooses one of them and writes down another favorite moment, for exemple:

Black Rose Immortal (13:39 -> 14:40) (which i chose)
VS
The Twilight Is My Robe (5:33 -> 6:28)

and so on... how about it ?
Let me get started:

The Big Sleep (moontower) (02:28 -> 03:36)
VS
Add Reality (also moontower) (04:11 -> 05:51)

shit i think those are my two favorite parts of the album, but im gonna go with the big sleep i think its the most emotional part of the album

Unicorn-

The part in "when the world came watching" : My life is falling down, my home has gone away, the oak in tears will drown....ending with im crying for youuuuuuu

Hiding again: "Stranded, but theres an ocean in my heart"

Ending of "the boy and the impossible"

"why is there a world? why am i alive? why is life so rough? why do i try.." Part in sorrow song

Other-

So long (whole song)

Crimson : "remember these words, and be strong"

my fav part:

Patchworks from 03:23 to the end

"how to forget and how to erase all the wicked scenes in here, how to make them disappear and burn this patchwork of fear, how to delete, how do i stop all the sickened things i see in this spurious diary that wasn't made by me... how to replace my artificial memories.

i have healed the broken wings of fallen angels and laid the wildest storms to rest, i have tamed the fury of a thousand oceans, all i've done is to fall asleep.

Tribute to my dreaming, a hymn to my desillusions that i sometimes really wish were for real... in the deepest slumber reality is twisted and staggered across the halls of my head... when i awake i can remember it still, and it's nothing that my senses can kill...

AND I FALL THROUGH THE PASSAGE OF TIME"

simply awesome. i've been listening this part since i am 14... now i'm 21 and i get even more excited than the first time.... just mastery

Kajor said:
my fav part:

Patchworks from 03:23 to the end

"how to forget and how to erase all the wicked scenes in here, how to make them disappear and burn this patchwork of fear, how to delete, how do i stop all the sickened things i see in this spurious diary that wasn't made by me... how to replace my artificial memories.

i have healed the broken wings of fallen angels and laid the wildest storms to rest, i have tamed the fury of a thousand oceans, all i've done is to fall asleep.

Tribute to my dreaming, a hymn to my desillusions that i sometimes really wish were for real... in the deepest slumber reality is twisted and staggered across the halls of my head... when i awake i can remember it still, and it's nothing that my senses can kill...

AND I FALL THROUGH THE PASSAGE OF TIME"

simply awesome. i've been listening this part since i am 14... now i'm 21 and i get even more excited than the first time.... just mastery

you missed the point of the game

Crimson II passage of time X (track 18)
VS
Crimson (38:00 -> 38:35) - The lyrics can be found in my signature.

I´d like to take part, but this is just too hard, there´s so many great moments.

One could have the idea to make a sampler only with the "best" parts but then that might take all the excitement out of it. It´s the change of moods in the songs, and especially in Crimson 2 there are many scenes, like a play, building up and then floating into something new, like this thesis-antithesis-synthesis construction. And then you´re listening to the record, waiting for your favourite parts to appear, that´s just a nice thing :loco: