Favorite track from For Funerals To Come

What is your favorite track from For Funerals To Come and why?

• Funeral Wedding

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Shades Of Emerald Fields

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • For Funerals To Come

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Epistel

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
I'd have to go with Shades of Emerald Fields, Nice changes throughout the song, plus you gotta love that groove near the end and the clean vocals to finish it up. Superb.

It's quite hard to name a specific favorite song of this album. At least for me personally, since For Funerals To Come is such an important record for me. But if a gun was held against my head and i'd have to name one, i'd also say Shades of Emerald Fields.

btw, i got my copy of the EP signed by both Jonas and Anders when they were in Finland on a gig a couple of weeks ago :D

*raises an altar and worships* :worship:

it's really hard to make a decision, since there're simply no re-created ideas i don't like on "for funerals to come..", it's the variation of feelings and atmosphere that make the difference. for the statisitc then.. i'd choose "epistel". i was amazed and kinda frightened at the same time when i heard it first, was caught by these desparate and forgotten wails.
and "funeral wedding" has undoubtly really great inciting moments.
and..

I really like them all but I voted for For Funerals To Come 'cause I think is the one I like the most maybe for its melancholic, sad atmosphere.. makes me think about some things. Well anyway it wasn't easy to choose. I would have voted for the four of them!

When I started this thread/poll, I was undecided, but then I gave this album a listen and have decided that Funeral Wedding is my favorite track with Shades Of Emerald Fields falling not far behind with For Funerals To Come following it. This album could possibly be the greatest EP ever.

"Funeral Wedding" definitively!
It's Katatonia's darker song ever together with "Scarlet Heavens"
(I've just noticed that in the 'release' section it's not mentioned the split with Primordial containing exactly this song).
I've also had the chance to hear it live back in 1996, when I saw them playing for the first time in my country.

Yeeeahhh! That's right... definetely Pyogenesis' best record ever! And probably even one of the best of the 90's. But I still follow the band, though their music has turned too much into punk-rock lately. Cool live band.
Great that someone else here also knows their music...

I've got an original copy of "Sweet X-rated Nothings" up for auction on ebay ;).

Voted "Funeral Wedding", though "Shades..." and the titletrack are amazing too, possible my favourite Katatonia release. And then to think this was originally to become a full-length album called "Moonbride" :(, what a shame it became only an MCD..

MadTinus said:
I've got an original copy of "Sweet X-rated Nothings" up for auction on ebay ;).

Voted "Funeral Wedding", though "Shades..." and the titletrack are amazing too, possible my favourite Katatonia release. And then to think this was originally to become a full-length album called "Moonbride" :(, what a shame it became only an MCD..
Nice i used to have that but sold it and now have the reissue of it with the extra songs. I was thinking about putting up my Black League vinyl of Doomsday Sun up on ebay since i have one of the first pressings of the starburst vinyl... i need money bad.

All tracks are great but "For Funerals To Come" I like most. It's my favorit background music for bass solos :cool: And I really like it when they play this song live. I just wish Mattias would join in and not leave it only to his brother!