favorite twisted sister album?

mdmatt4ever

Sep 27, 2006
well whats your favorite?

mine is under the blade. its raw, aggressive, in your face and doesn't have a ballad. the title track, shoot 'em down, sin after sin, destroyer and tear it loose were some of the heaviest songs of 1982

Under The Blade, off course...I remember hearing the album on a Dutch Metal radio programm, and I was hooked immediatly, and still am to that album!

All of them (yes, Love Is For Suckers too) are great, but my favourite is Stay Hungry. Perhaps because it was the first one that listened.

All of them (yes, Love Is For Suckers too) are great, but my favourite is Stay Hungry. Perhaps because it was the first one that listened.

i dislike love is for suckers for 1 reason. no one from twisted sister plays on the damn thing. it was a dee snider solo album and the record company forced dee to call it a twisted sister release after he recorded it. reb beach is on guitar, the drums are basically programmed by joe franco but the cymbals and a few fills are live drumming, beau hill is on keyboards, kip winger is on bass on a few tracks and backing vocals. i wish they would properly credit who played on it in the booklet. dee snider provided the information i listed above. i believe he said after it was a complete a few bass and guitar parts were overdubbed by actual members of twisted sister right before it was released

Under The Blade followed closely by Stay Hungry. I liked Love Is For Suckers too. Come Out And Play was probably my least favorite but I hate the song Leader Of The Pack so ferociously that it tainted the whole album for me.

Under the blade, think my sister had a compilation with the title track on it and with my first listening i loved that song.

"Stay Hungry" was my first and although "Under the Blade" and "You Can't stop Rock and Roll" is a little heavier and a little less cheesy, I think that is my favorite if for just sentimental reasons. Love Dee's vocals on "The Price."

Bryant

Bryant

I love 'Stay Hungry':headbang:
But 'Under The Blade' is right behind it.
Before I got into Pantera it was Twisted Sister on my top 3 fav bands, even though when I was listening to them at the time they were not together.
They opened my eyes to a lot of things and I noticed all the bullshit in life and school from T.S lyrics.
It made me question things and look behind the glass eyes.
I think they are an important band in the heavy music scene, even though they really were the 'Ugliest women in the world', they are still one of my fav bands to listen to.
EVERY T.S song brings back a lot of memories.

I'm going with "Live at Hammersmith." It's a double CD set of the band's performance in 1984 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England before succcess started to destroy the band and features almost equal selections of the band's 3 albums. The show was recorded for the BBC and also Westwood 1 for broadcast in the U.K. and U.S. The songs "Burn in Hell" and "S.M.F." were released as a B-side on one of their 12-inch singles in the U.K. (I think for "I Wanna Rock," though my memory is a little fuzzy) which is where I first heard portions of this album. The full concert would not be released until some 17 years later on the Spitfire label in 2001, along with 2 cover songs ("Jailhouse Rock" and "Train Kept a Rollin'") recorded in 1979 at the Detroit bar in New York.
If you can find it, give it a listen.

i dislike love is for suckers for 1 reason. no one from twisted sister plays on the damn thing. it was a dee snider solo album and the record company forced dee to call it a twisted sister release after he recorded it. reb beach is on guitar, the drums are basically programmed by joe franco but the cymbals and a few fills are live drumming, beau hill is on keyboards, kip winger is on bass on a few tracks and backing vocals. i wish they would properly credit who played on it in the booklet. dee snider provided the information i listed above. i believe he said after it was a complete a few bass and guitar parts were overdubbed by actual members of twisted sister right before it was released

I was not aware of that! Thanks!

Stay Hungry, followed very closely by Under the Blade.

I'm going with "Live at Hammersmith." It's a double CD set of the band's performance in 1984 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, England before succcess started to destroy the band and features almost equal selections of the band's 3 albums. The show was recorded for the BBC and also Westwood 1 for broadcast in the U.K. and U.S. The songs "Burn in Hell" and "S.M.F." were released as a B-side on one of their 12-inch singles in the U.K. (I think for "I Wanna Rock," though my memory is a little fuzzy) which is where I first heard portions of this album. The full concert would not be released until some 17 years later on the Spitfire label in 2001, along with 2 cover songs ("Jailhouse Rock" and "Train Kept a Rollin'") recorded in 1979 at the Detroit bar in New York.
If you can find it, give it a listen.

actually it was released in 1994 or 1995 on the CMC label which is the version i have. when twisted sister moved their catalogue over to spitfire in 1999they rereleased it on spitfire