Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Soultorn

The Pain and The Darkness
Aug 11, 2002
Willits, CA
www.soultorn.tk
Ok, heres the choices.

Screech: most common in black metal type stuff. Anders from In Flames screeches.

Growl: Alot of straight death metal uses these types of vocals. Cryptopsy.. etc.

Clean: Melodic death bands use them (in) frequently. Black Metal band use them sometime as well. Power metal bands use them all the time.

Rasp: Kind of hardcore-ish vocals. Metallica would fit in this category.

What's your fav? And why? Not keep in mind... there are lots of varieties of these (as well as good singers and band ones), so keep that in mind.

I like clean vocals. I want tto understand what the singer is singing. It seems like the people who are singing about satanic and completely morbid stuff use the growl vocals. The Lyrics are a part of the song and how they are presented is important. The key to that is understanding them. I think some of the biggest bands like Iron Maiden, Helloween, etc. shows that. Maybe, I am old-school. I like to sing along, even if I'm not the best singer. I just can't growl along to vocals as I'm driving down the road.

Kinda hard to choose just the one, as I like variation also in these areas :p
But I guess I'm more attracted to growls in general..
I especially like it when vox are used like, say, Arcane Sun, My Dying Bride and others use them :)

Btw. There's no problem growling along when driving a car - but for people on the outside definately turing their heads to see "what the hell that was" :cool:
What is problematic is trying to "sing along" with someone like Abbath of Immortal on Battles In The North :lol:

I love a good death or black metal voice but i like the clean epic vocals best...i tend to lean to the more melodic stuff although not all the time.....

I don't really care as long as it fits in with the music

but shrieks are damn good
and as for clean vocals I like them to be sung as hymns

definitely I really like when the singer is able to produce all
If he stays only with one type or vocals then I get bored

Hey Froz, if you like that type of stuff... check out the banner in my signature. We do that alot. Not so "hymn" like... but still melodic.

On to my opinion.

I like the razor- sharp, screaming vocals, personally. Buzz saws... :devil:

Even in clean vocals have some styles like
Operatic(Bruce Dickinson) , Bluesy(Ian Gillan , David Coverdale) , Baritone(Moonpell ) etc.

Originally posted by Soultorn
Hey Froz, if you like that type of stuff... check out the banner in my signature. We do that alot. Not so "hymn" like... but still melodic.

On to my opinion.

I like the razor- sharp, screaming vocals, personally. Buzz saws... :devil:

I've downloaded away and well it's a cool song
I like it.
will Masks be distributed in another country than America?

Initally... no. We're an independant band.... but in the future, hopefully.... If you want a copy, just keep checking the site. The Shop section will be done soon.

Thanks for the input!!