Favorite Vintersorg moments?

benny

Artifact Of Chaos
May 4, 2001
Seattle
www.myspace.com
I know there are a ton of memorable moments on Vintersorg albums so I thought I would make this thread for everyone to share some of theirs! I am listening to Ödemarkens Son right now and it seems everytime I go by this part of the album I get this weird feeling (you know that feeling where you can only say "wow"). It reminds me of my childhood for some reason and it is my favorite part of the album even though it just lasts a little over a minute. It is from 3:32-4:50 on the song Månskensmän. I don't even have a clue what he is saying during that particular part either it is just a nice moment!

I will share some more later :)

I only own Cosmic Genesis (Till Fjalls should be here by monday or tuesday and Odenmarks Son should be here by mid next week, point is their shipped and on their way :D ) But my favorite moment is prolly the moment in the intro to Norrland, so beautiful and majestic, but than it just kicks in the door with those blazing guitars and Vintersorgs godly voice. That moment where it breaks in is definitly a powerful moment.

But surely there are tons of these moments in Vintersorgs music so Ill also share more later ;)

Edit: I was sooo tired when I wrote this so I just fixed a few bad gramatical errors. Also, I got Odenmarks Son today, just popping it in now and it is just god damn beautiful, like all of Vintersorgs music, I dare say he creates some of the most beautiful music today. Cheers to Vintersorg!

My own fave moment is the recording session of the new album...hehehehe....but i´ve got many that are stigmatized in my senses. And many exists ´cause of you people.

Hmmm.... magical moments? There are tons, but here are the ones that spring to mind.

The verse in Offerbäcken right after the flowing river sounds...

Månskensmän, the part that starts at 3:05 and ends at 3:32

Isjungfrun.... the whole thing, really. :D

The first 24 seconds of Fångad Utav Nordens Själ, along with the parts with Cia singing.

Oh, if you don't mind my asking, what was one of those moments that the fans made special for you, Vintersorg?

track 3 on Till Fjalls- you know what I'm talking about, but I'll never EVER be able to spell it right without the cd right in front of me, so I won't try.
And a Dialogue With the Stars is just amazing...
ah man, every Vintersorg moment is amazing, why choose?

And yes Vintersorg, this new album must be amazing, given your reaction to just the recording aspect!

Originally posted by Final_Vision
But my favorite moment is prolly the moment is the intro to Norrland, so beautiful and majestic, but than it just kicks in the door with those blazing guitars and Vintersorgs godly voice. That moment where it breaks in is there.

Have to agree on that one, a really cool moment.

Final_Vision:

Yeah the beginning Norrland is a divine experience!

Vintersorg:

One of my favorite moments will be when I am finally listening to the album :) :) :)

Drexle:

Great choices! I am listening to Isjungfrun now :D

Sadistik:

Yes every moment is amazing, but are there not a few moments that really stick out to you for some reason?

Frost, I just got to Manskensman and I got to the section you talked about, dear god its beautiful. Sung with such energy and passion, and than those little accoustic intereludes are amazing and add a lot of atmosphere.

My next moment would be an obvious one in a way. In The Enigmatic Spirit, when the first verse finishes and (Mattias?) mutters "and I want the spirit to speak...." and Vintersorg goes into the amazing chorus, the whole chorus just fills me with an amazing emotion that can only be felt in music. Truely a great moment.

Oi! I need to pop Vintersorg into my cdplayer
and find all those magical moments again!
It's been a while since I really LISTENED to
Vintersorg, I've had too much to do!
Shame on me! >:eek:P

And when you listen to a band you really like
you always find new moments that you like.
You're listening to a song and you go;
"DAMN! This is the best song EVER!" And this
lasts for four minutes until the next song
comes on, then you have another fav' >:eek:P

I'll come back to this one later,
need to investigate, hehe... :eek:)

Well I will probably come back to this post everytime I listen to a Vintersorg CD, there is so much material to contemplate. For starters, the chorus to Till Fjalls gets me going. I think all my neighbors know that song because I turn my stereo up to 10 when I put in that CD! Fuck Em.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Till Fjälls, Till Fjälls där storm mig famnar
Till Fjälls, Till Fjälls vakad av ramnar
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Ha! I know that feeling too!

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Hehe, I know what you mean :)

Sorry if I do something wrong in sending this post, but i'm writin' here first time.;)
My favorite moments are:

- Norrland after the intro it's from 53sec. - 1:11.
- Norrskensdrommar from 28sec - 56sec.
- Chorus in Naturens Galleri
- Odemarkens Son - The moments when Vintersorg sings "Odemarkens Son..."
- From the beginning to end - Trollbunden and Hednad I Ulvermanesn Tecken
- Intro in I den Trolska...
- Svaltvinter from the beginning to 39sec.
From 1:21 - 1:49 from 2:10 to 2:53 and next chorus
- Pa Landet from beginning to end, it reminds me the burned Cintra in "The Witcher" by A. Sapkowski .This is a polish writer so You may don't have idea what i'm talking about;))
- Manskensman from 53sec. to 1:46
- Nar alver sina... From 28sec. to 55sec. and other part when acustic gituar is in the first place. And chorus;) But i must say, Nar Alver Sina... is from b. to e. magic, couse this is my favotire Vintersong;)
- Isjungfrun from 0:00 - 0:56 and other part where Cia is singing with Vintersorg.
- Intro in Till Fjalls; the moment when Vintersorg is singing "Till Fjallls..."; the moment when we can hear raven's and the sound of little waterfall or sth.
- urberget, Idst av troner from 3:36 util the end;)
- Vildmarkens Fortroll and Stammor from 3:37 to 3:56

These are that moments when i can feel sth. diffrent then plain old common of the world....

A few more...

Norrland 3:14 - 3:40
Norrskensdrömmar 2:22 - the end of the song
Stilla 0:00 - 0:50
Tussmörkret 2:30 - 3:46

Vildmarkens Fortrollande Stammor 4:02 - 4:06

Ars Memorativa 0:00 - 0:10

I must agree with You in 3/4 Mor. Couse First three Vintersorg albumus are for me much better than Cosmic Genesis. English isn't the same... And the climat were in those 3 "darker and deeper"... I hope that new album will be something much diffrent than Cosmic Genesis and similiar to let's say Odemarkens Son.