Favorite Vintersorg moments?

Honestly I dont see Vintersorg abandoning the English lyrics (which are extremely well done IMHO), also I dont want anything similar to Vintersorgs older albums, Vintersorgs always bringing a fresh feeling to his albums and I know whatever Spiral turns out to be its gonna be a masterpiece and itll be Vintersorg. I do agree tho I would prefer a darker feel on Spiral.

Hmm, its gonna have to be.....

The intro to "Nar Alver Sina Runor Sjungit" which just starts Odenmarks Son of with that huge, majestic, godly voice of Vintersorg.

The intro to "Ars Memorativa" as well. Just blasts coming out of track 5 (which im to lazy to go read the case and spell out name).

I need to give Odenmarks Son a thorough listening......I know Cosmic Genesis front to back, just got OS and havent yet got a solid feel for it (although I love it, dont get me wrong). Ill come back with more feelings from that album soon.

WHERES MY TILL FJALLS AMAZON.COM?! :mad:

well I've got many.....but I will give my first memoral moment, and was on the first album I heard (till fjalls) when the "Med frihestronad och kamade vid vittringsblock" string started....I just froze....
Oh it's on Vildmarkens Fortrollande Stamor....
then I knew I had found something I would love to death :)

Originally posted by Zimowy_Zal
I must agree with You in 3/4 Mor. Couse First three Vintersorg albumus are for me much better than Cosmic Genesis. English isn't the same... And the climat were in those 3 "darker and deeper"... I hope that new album will be something much diffrent than Cosmic Genesis and similiar to let's say Odemarkens Son.

Maybe English isn't the same, but it has it's very own spirit...

Well one of the best Vintersorg moments ever recorded would have to be Astral and Arcane. Is it not is a masterpiece of Metal genres? How it starts off in a Black Metal feeling riff, but blasts into the clean vocal part. Chills. Then at the 2:02 mark it slows to that cool mellow part, I love that! There doesn't seem to be a chorus in the song, not that it needs one. It's the perfect song for me, because I like all the different genres of Metal, and I feel like Astral and Arcane captures that diversity. I wonder what an acoustic version would sound like? That would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by In Bed With Lutz
Oh yes, my so dear Lutz....
Norrland's intro... (Thanks btw ! I wouldn't know it without you ;))
And this fantastic moment, in Cosmic Genesis... A long and calm part, just before the last chorus...
Knew you would like it :);)

uh algol isnt the chorus to Astral "I can feel the towering mountains, as well as the abyss like sea, in my veins the wildest river, and every growing tree" theres more now that i think of it..........but i cant recall. Actually I really like the lyrics on CG :D

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I'll come back to this one later,
need to investigate, hehe... :eek:)

Yeah, I did my investigation all right, but.....

I promised more than I could keep....
I am able to pick MANY fav Vintersorg moments,
but they are just too many to write down here.
Call me lazy, but I don't think you'd bother
listening to all those moments anyway.

And it's the same with this as with the fav
Vintersorg SONG, it changes everytime the next
song comes on, and with this my fav Vintersorg
moment changes every time a song takes
another turn... I love the way the songs changes
direction and goes on in a completly different
way than I expected!

Thanx Morgana :) I wouldn't have found it I bet... I'm just lazy I guess...

Hmmm I had some really moving moments in Vintersorg songs...
När alver sina runor sjungit - From about 1:00 to 2:45 the passage is simply amazing :)

Also, the first chorus if Astral and Arcane is great... it gives a good feeling how littel oneself is, imo :)

Need to listen for more again, haven't heard much Vintersorg lately, I'm afraid :(

Thanks, Morg :)

Special moments for me, let's see...
nope, too many to mention all. But some moments that are special to me while listening to Vintersorg... Well, once I was outside, taking a smoke, lsitening to The Enigmatic Spirit on the minidisc.. It was winter, starbright night, and northern lights. And it was really, truly amazing. It felt like I was dancing with the northern light, it was twisting, and spinning, and was just inexplainably beautiful, stunning, amazing, great.