Favorite vocal productions?

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
Vocals are something that i often don't pay that much attention to, in terms of production, but what are some of your favorites?

I think Mustaine's vocals on Countdown and Youthanasia sound phenomenal, that really smooth, glassy pop sound really suited him on those albums.

I really dig the vocal layering stuff that Steven Wilson has done with Porcupine Tree, as well as on Opeth's Damnation.

Performance-wise, Pain of Salvation's Remedy Lane is probably my favorite. The vocals on "Waking Every God" give me chills.

I'm a prog guy, can you tell? :D

I wish I could get more technical, but I don't know dick about vocal production.

Pain of Salvation's The Perfect Element and Remedy Lane are amazing in that department. Be is too.

On more extreme metal, I think Stabbing the Drama's got a killer vocal production.

IMO CLA does the best vocal mixing/fader moves. His whole style seems centered around it. Literally the entire mix seems to suffer just for the vocal to sound massive.

If anything listen to this, if I had to pick a single fave vocal sound, this is it:

Ben Grosse also did great with this:

Randy did a pretty good job here:

And of course:

Last edited by a moderator: