Vocal Recording/Production

EnjoiTrent

Official Knob Turner
Mar 20, 2013
Gonna get flamed don't even care
I realize I can search
Done a lot of that
Want a more definitive answer.
So here's the question, now as far as recording vocals go, I realize a good mic and a good preamp are pretty necessary for getting that pro sound. And getting the EQ so the vocals have clarity and can sit in the mix is good too.
But what I'm curious is, a lot of productions I hear have a vocal production over it that make the vocals almost sound like they're blended with some synth version of the voice. Example of this would be I Am Abomination's To Our Forefathers (which Sturgis produced) and Periphery's self titled. (Quick search on youtube for the vocal stem only and you'll hear what I mean). A lot of this is that really glassy clear tone, and I'm curious to know what plugins you all suggest for achieving that tone, although it is really produced sounding, it's a very polished sound that I'd like to have in my arsenal.

i think that the gear is 50% i have no a lot of experience but be creative and don't try to achieve exactly the SAME vocals cause you can. 2 reasons:
first you don't have the same voice tone
second you don't have the same gear and even if you find the vst's you can't cause you don't know the exactly same settings!and lets say that you make it sound the same,you cant make it sound the same at mastering or at the overall mix.be creative man! i am also a big fun of Sturgis productions but i don't copy him i try to and i see that i can't so i have his mixes as a starting point for my own.
piece :)

Now I did take that into consideration, but in general I'm talking the process of getting that synth-y tone out of the vocals. Not necessarily get the same exact vocal tone, just the process of getting that smooth processed sound out of any voice.

I am pretty sure it's just natural harmonics of the voice sheering out into your ear canals broskie. Causing that synth like effect