Favorite vocal productions?

Sunn O))) - Monoliths and Dimensions
All the choir parts and huge, multi-tracked throat singing sections all sound utterly, ridiculously massive.
Pretty much everything on that album sounds impossibly huge. Also quite the showcase for the nice and smooth, yet full, clear and saturated highs afforded to you by the joys of analogue.

Paramore - Brand New Eyes
The professionalism, meticulous layering, need I say more?

Lamb of God - Wrath
The whole album sounded raw, rabid and vicious, but the vocals top it all off perfectly.

and I apologize for the horrible, shameless plug, but I will forever envy Jonas for whatever he did to the vocals on Cleansed to make them sound the way they do. Ridiculous.

Paramore - Riot and Brand New Eyes

Another vote for The Way of All Flesh (by Gojira) too.
Not only top notch vocal production, but the overall production is just gorgeous.

Maybe not so much from a technical standpoint of perfection, but something about the vocal production of Night Is the New Day (Katatonia) really captures me. Doesn't hurt that the music is fucking amazing too.
Just so atmospheric sounding and just hits straight in the gut.

Dead on about Paramore - Brand New Eyes. Though I still marginally prefer the vox sound on the Creed record.

Don't know how I forgot Behemoth's 'Demigod' either. Some of that vox layering is ungodly.

Dead on about Paramore - Brand New Eyes. Though I still marginally prefer the vox sound on the Creed record.

Don't know how I forgot Behemoth's 'Demigod' either. Some of that vox layering is ungodly.

The beginning of slaves shall serve is absolutely insane.

Also pretty much all of Amon Amarth sounds awesome, i suppose that's more to do with the fact that Johan's voice sounds like its been put through a sunlight HM-2.

Great one! Definitely one of my favorite DM vocal productions ever. Would love to know what tricks were used on this. Sounds like some detuned doubling going on.

No, no and no. Blakkheim himself said that nothing like that was used for Peters vox.
Also:

I'm late... but here it is...
The vocals are the following chain - Peters throat - Neumann M149 - Rupert
> Neve Amek Pure Path CIB - Waves L2 - straight into the rigs thru coax
> Spdif
> 24 bit 44.1 khz.
That´s some 1000 euro vocalchain for ya!!! >There is some
> software 1176 in crushmode + reneissance de-esser..that´s it...