Favorite weird guitar tuning.

Man, I didn't know odd tunings we're so popular. I typically use just drop tunings anywhere from drop D on my 6 string, to drop A on my seven string, to Double drop E on my 8 string.

The idea of tuning the guitar in any other way so all the scales i've learned wouldn't fit! But I guess thats how a lot of people feel about drop tunings in general who just stick to standard tunings :p

Odd tunings are my favorite.
I recently said fuck it and just stuck with D standard/Drop C, but drop the lowest string to whatever low note I want (if I wanna pull some TesseracT/Meshuggah type shit.)

I've been recently into Dir an Grey's tuning, if I ever decided to get a 7 string, which is Drop A/D (ADADGBE)

I often have the bottom string on my 7 tuned up to C, I guess that's not particularly common.

The only other non-standard one I really use is BEADGB.

Reactions: Sophii
I often have the bottom string on my 7 tuned up to C, I guess that's not particularly common.

The only other non-standard one I really use is BEADGB.

I oddly find that standard, even though the typical 6 string B tuning is F# instead of the G.

I would actually think it would be weirder if someone tuned a 7 to BEADF#BE

I never really venture far from DADGAD as my "weird tuning" although I have dabbled in Open c before. Honestly though I feel that DADGAD almost turns the guitar into a different instrument, it sort of pulls me into playing it more like a Lute or Oud which is cool.