Favourite Band

hope this helps, i'm dishing out wisdom all week

Ok, thank you for your torrent of sageness.
When I first came here, I thought it was a forum about Symphony X, but it seems it’s not. Reading this thread and the other ones, I came to the conclusion that not only metal is not very popular around here, Symphony X isn’t either.

^ Symphony X is popular here. Just browse the forum instead of just looking at the few recent off-topic'ish threads. We just get bored after discussing everything about the band for years. Feel free to start new threads or bring up old ones though. As for metal, there are tons of forums out there if this one is not metal enough for you.

Ok, thank you for your torrent of sageness.
When I first came here, I thought it was a forum about Symphony X, but it seems it’s not. Reading this thread and the other ones, I came to the conclusion that not only metal is not very popular around here, Symphony X isn’t either.

Hey, now, that's not fair! I hate everything!

And you are welcome.

Ah, metal isn't popular here you say? Don't make the mistake of putting a generalized conjecture on a specialized problem: some forms of metal are not popular here. :)

Russell Allen's new project.

russmat.jpg

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=83688

Another one? I don't like this. No way it'll be as bad as Adrenaline Mob though.

Aw, man. Looks like a power metal project judging by the lineup.

When is he gonna release his actual solo album - a followup to Atomic Soul? And when is Romeo finally gonna do something besides Symphony X? I mean, come on. I know composing, arranging and recording various instruments takes more time and effort than what Russell does with these side-projects, but jeez.

donKyle said:
Is Primal Fear any good? I haven't heard of them.
The only good thing about them is the vocalist, imo. They play pretty standard traditional heavy metal mixed with power metal.

^---That's a pretty accurate way of putting it, I think. Wasn't Scheepers one of the top candidates for replacing Halford when he left Priest in the 90's? I seem to recall it being so. Good singer anyway.

I listened to Armageddon, and it started out alright I thought, but in the end I didn't care too much for it. I can definitely hear the Priest influences though.