Favourite Band

That's hilarious :D They chained-up keyboard, the octopus drums. the tuffguy goatees :D

It's not very bad tho, but, you know, probably more appealing to the adrenaline mob audience.

I keep on saying Russell is the best rock metal singer in the world,the proof is that in any project he plays (Ayreon,Dgm,revamp,adrenaline mob,noturnall) he makes the difference,look in Noturnall's track,his refrain is simply amazing.

I really think he's overexposed himself now with all these numerous side projects and throwaway collaborations. I'll still consider him one of the best if I sit and think of my favorites, but do I still get excited to press play when I see (for instance) "Noturnall featuring Russell Allen"? No. No, I don't. And that's a shame.

Definitely a tie between Symphony X and Turisas
Angra and Tyr a close second
third is shared by Ensiferum, Hammerfall, Dark Moor, Blind Guardian, Iron Maiden, Edguy, Blitzkrieg, Angel Witch, and (don't judge me) System of a Down

Just curious..
I know im very late, but what do you guys think of Spocks Beard? I never gave thema chance until recently and im really liking them,and liking them more and more with every listen. Day for Night is a GREAT album.
(This isnt exactly the right thread, but i couldnt find a better one without making one).

I liked to listen to their almost all albums from time to time. (I'ts been too long since I last listened to any of their albums though.) I remember that i iked V the most, and X was also great to listen. I don't exactly remember their other albums, but i never said" this is crap" to any of their albums.

RUSSELL ALLEN, MAT SINNER: Debut Album 'Chapter One' Due In January

LEVEL 10 was born out of a collaboration between American powerhouse singer Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X, ADRENALINE MOB, ALLEN/LANDE) and the acclaimed German producer/bassist Mat Sinner (PRIMAL FEAR, SINNER). The pair met a few times during the years and swore to each other to find the time to work together. That occasion finally came about when Frontiers president Serafino Perugino managed to connect with the two and get them committed to the creation of a new metal album which could meld the more contemporary and aggro sound of ADRENALINE MOB with the more traditional European power metal assault of PRIMAL FEAR.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/le...inner-debut-album-chapter-one-due-in-january/

Last edited by a moderator:
SYMPHONY X 'Almost Done' Recording New Album

In true "no update until there's something to say" form, New Jersey's progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X have been quiet as of late. Don't let the silence fool you, though; they've been busy. So busy, in fact, that the new CD is almost done!

Recording of the drums, lead vocals, rhythm guitar, and bass — a.k.a. the bulk of the as-yet-untitled new album — is complete. In the next few weeks, the keyboards, guitar solos, background vocals, and some miscellaneous odds and ends will be done, with the goal to have everything recorded by the end of the month.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/symphony-x-almost-done-recording-new-album/