Favourite Band

On youtube they put some very good videos (some are entire shows) of
Wacken open air. Check the wonderful Avantasia set, on stage there was
also Bob Catley,Jorn Lande,Michael Kiske,Kai Hansen.

Yeah, Farewell is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a very good show,not only metal but also all the kind of rock,I wish I was there,also for Judas Priest,Ozzy,Motorhead. Tobias is an underestimated genius,
how can he find time to look after Avantasia and Edguy ? By the way ,new Edguy's just come out

It's a very good show,not only metal but also all the kind of rock,I wish I was there,also for Judas Priest,Ozzy,Motorhead. Tobias is an underestimated genius, how can he find time to look after Avantasia and Edguy ? By the way ,new Edguy's just come out

Talking of Wacken, Hansi Kürsch is not human!!! :worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite band is stratovarius, others that I like a lot are Judas priest, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Megadeth and The Gatherin

I used to have a favorite band, that was Symphony X many years ago. Then I started listening to a lot of styles of music, and I had pretty much a favorite band in every genre, and couldn't tell which was better than the other.
I listen to so much stuff nowadays I just can't decide. So I'll let last.fm decide for me. (which has the most plays)

Apparently my favorite band is Seventh Wonder.

My number one band is Pain of Salvation... solidified by my most-played list as well. My most played album is actually PoS's 12:5.

Symphony X were my favourite band for a LONG time, and they are still within my top 5. PL and IC only helped keep them out of the top position, sadly.

Right now PoS is my favorite as well. I just ordered Remedy Lane and 12:5.

They are your favorite without ever listening to these 2 awsome discs!!! NICE...

PoS is also one of my favorites and it's too bad they have progressed into making the Road Salt discs....

Right now PoS is my favorite as well. I just ordered Remedy Lane and 12:5.

I'd recommend listening to Remedy Lane first... (I'd also recommend listening to Entropia before 12:5 as well, but that's of course up to you).

Once you are familiar with all of the songs, 12:5 will be that much more special when you hear it for the first time.

(Where did you order 12:5 from? I need another copy... lol).

^ Road Salt One was disappointing to me at first, but I love it now. The song "Sisters" pays for the album in itself.

Don't you think that's a matter of opinion?

It's assumed that it was spoken as his opinion. Would it really be necessary to say "IMO" after every post that may be considered an opinion?

Thank you.

I haven't gotten into SW, but I remember liking the vocalist a lot.

I think Tommy has one of the greatest voices in progressive metal. His style is quite similar to Russell's, albeit a bit higher-pitched. He does those cool bluesy vocal runs all the time.

I would recommend giving The Great Escape a listen.

I'd recommend listening to Remedy Lane first... (I'd also recommend listening to Entropia before 12:5 as well, but that's of course up to you).

Once you are familiar with all of the songs, 12:5 will be that much more special when you hear it for the first time.

That's an excellent point....

You can pick Entropia up cheap also...

Remedy Lane is my overall favorite PoS album. I also think it is a good starter album for getting into them in that I think it has the most diversity throughout and shows how they aren't pinned to one style or sound.

I am also one who didn't like Road Salt One too much at first, with "Sisters" being the only real standout memorable track at first. Later on I became more familiar with the other tracks and like it a lot more. I even find myself singing in my head sometimes parts of the track I found too awkward at first, Sleeping Under the Stars. I would even say that I thought it was the worst track at first. I would still say the only album that its better than is Scarsick, which is still my least favorite even though I find it okay. I think the biggest thing with RSO is getting over or looking past the purposeful "old school" sound quality that they used. Its kind of cool but at the same time almost overdun.

I am looking forward to the soon to be released Road Salt Two. I am hoping that what I read about it being "darker" than the first part means that it won't use the awkward "old school" recording method like the first part; however, this is more than likely not the case as the two albums were originally going to be one double disc album, meaning this old recording sound quality was planned for the entirety of the Road Salt concept..