Favourite Band

Anyway, I've only listened like 3 albums from Rush and I really liked them. So please, if the later Rush is better than the old, could you suggest some albums for me? :)

Well, Ken seems to prefer later Rush, but I can't say that's the popular opinion in "prog" circles. Many die-hard 70s prog fans seem to think that everything after Moving Pictures was crap. I like their keyboard-heavy 80s stuff the best, and I get some crap for that, too (I could never really get into their really old stuff). Anyway, I recommend you check out Counterparts, which I think is easily the strongest newer-sounding Rush album. Snakes & Arrows isn't bad, either.

Just read a sad new,Andrew Mc Dermott (Mac),former Threshold singer died.
Really loved his voice in "Suburface" and "Dead reckoning",I'm really sad

That is sad news. Hypothetical, Subsurface, and Dead Reckoning were all amazing albums in their own right. The rock world just lost a great singer.

Well, Ken seems to prefer later Rush, but I can't say that's the popular opinion in "prog" circles. Many die-hard 70s prog fans seem to think that everything after Moving Pictures was crap. I like their keyboard-heavy 80s stuff the best, and I get some crap for that, too (I could never really get into their really old stuff). Anyway, I recommend you check out Counterparts, which I think is easily the strongest newer-sounding Rush album. Snakes & Arrows isn't bad, either.
great recommendations for Rush.

prog circles are full of stupid people.

yeah, the prog world is full of lame people.

Krondor, check out Counterparts, Presto, and Roll The Bones. Vapor Trails got a lot of flak but I think it's also up there, as is Snakes & Arrows.

Yeah, the world is full of people who dare state what they think. What a pretentious, presumptuous act on their part!

2112 is the first album I heard from Rush. I think it was 1978. My favorite is Permanent Waves.
The Moving Pictures tour was the first time I saw them. I also saw the Roll The Bones tour.
Roll The Bones is indeed a very good album. Signals is another good one.

Well, It all comes down to personal tastes.

It does, but this reeks of "damn, I guess you're right". I have no problem with people who prefer album X to Y.

I do have a problem with people who think that the glory days of a genre are Year X and that anything released before or since is automatically garbage. These same people will typically be snobby about this particular opinion, and though it plagues every genre, it is an epidemic in "prog circles".

if you go now on www.maximummetal.com you can see Malmsteen playing
USA anthem in a stadium before a baseball match .It happened days ago

Haha, only Yngwie would butcher the national anthem with completely tasteless shredding. That said, it would have been cool to have been at that game. Stupid Cardinals won, though.

Now we just need MJR to play the national anthem before a game, which would make more sense, because, you know, he's actually from the US! Something tells me Symphony X are probably Yankees fans, though. :bah:

Haha, only Yngwie would butcher the national anthem with completely tasteless shredding. That said, it would have been cool to have been at that game. Stupid Cardinals won, though.

Oh, bloke, you're being too harsh on him. He did a good job on that. Nowadays, it's easy to criticize Malmsteen because he became repetitive, but when he first appeared in the 80s everybody was in awe of him. He took the game to another level!!! Long live Yngwie Johann Malmsteen!!! :worship:

Now we just need MJR to play the national anthem before a game, which would make more sense, because, you know, he's actually from the US!

Ok, but the real problem is: people tend to forget the importance of the past too easily, and underestimate how it affects the present.

Michael Romeo: “I still consider Rhoads, Uli Roth, DiMeola and Yngwie as my main influences...”

Ok, but the real problem is: people tend to forget the importance of the past too easily, and underestimate how it affects the present.

Michael Romeo: “I still consider Rhoads, Uli Roth, DiMeola and Yngwie as my main influences...”

Oh, I know that. Of those four, I hear more Yngwie in MJR's sound than the others. And I like Yngwie's overall sound (the neoclassical thing), but he over-complicates things for the sake of over-complicating them. I find MJR to be much more tasteful.

That said, whoever had the idea of letting Yngwie play the national anthem before a baseball game, I salute them. It is a cool idea to have a neoclassical shredder do something like that, since it's so different.

Beside cycling,I'm not a good sport fan and I don't support any team,but
in Italy we've got no chances to see guys like Yngwie playing before a match.
You're very lucky,problem is that people knew he woyld have played or he went
there by chance

I don't even know how to reply to this delusion. It lacks all logic.

On youtube they put some very good videos (some are entire shows) of
Wacken open air. Check the wonderful Avantasia set, on stage there was
also Bob Catley,Jorn Lande,Michael Kiske,Kai Hansen.