Favourite Bands

Schmuckatelly

Jan 4, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I dont know if you guys have a "polls" section because Im new here, so here it goes.

Just a few: (In no order) Opeth, Katatonia, Earth Crisis, Clutch, Downset, My Dying Bride....etc...

I ususally post on the Clutch Messageboard at www.pro-rock.com . If you want to talk to some interesting people visit that board too. Its pretty intense over there. No body ever talks about black metal over there though so I thought I would start stopping by here. I live in Charlotte, NC and Im 22 years old. I met Opeth when they came to the states. I saw them in Charlotte and I talked to Mikael and Peter. They're some great guys, really. Mikael spoke of a video that they were working on that would include blackwater park sessions. Does anyone know anything about it?

Well Im looking forward to seeing what this board is all about.

later

Opeth, Emperor, Diabolical Masquerade, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child

I like atmospheric/symphonic black metal a lot!

I like Dimmu Borgir's music but I dont like all the pentagrams and shit. I try to stay away from music with satanic references, which is hard to do when you like metal so much. But if I really like the music I just wont buy into the message.

Dimmu Borgir and Old Man's Child have the same singer right?

Originally posted by Hearse
Same goes with me.. I dislike those pentagrams and that kind of stuff, they look so gay to me. But that doesn't mean I couldn't listen their music... I listen all that I find good... no matter what the people who plays it look like or act like.

Dimmu, OMC, Arcturus, Borknagar.... they all change their members between themselves more often than they change their pants. :lol: so I don't keep on count.

But no Sagrath (dimmus lead singer) don't sing in OMC.

Is it Sagrath or Shagrath? But I heard OMC was his old band.
My brother dressed up like him for halloween. Of course we were the only ones who knew who the hell he was supposed to look like. He was wearing the outfit from the Mourning Palace video with the blood and all. It was funny.

Opeth
Horna
Gorgoroth
Hollenthon
Dream Theater
Tristania
Summoning
Emperor
Forgotten Silence
Demimonde
Agalloch
Haggard

Edit : Mithotyn, Novembre, Empyrium

Smashing Pumpkins
Opeth
Katatonia
Radiohead
Thorns
Zyklon
Diabolical Masquerade
The Gathering
Lacuna Coil
Jeff Buckley
Stampin' Ground
Tool

oh and of course Slipknot and Linkin Park :p

and welcome to the board, hmn maybe the DVD/VHS will come out a few months before the new double cd (i drool)

Opeth
Nevermore
The Tea Party
Meshuggah
Dimmu Borgir
Enslaved
Grip Inc
Machine Head
Dragonlord
Old Mans Child
Annihilator
Finntroll
Flotsam and Jetsam
Destruction

..there are more, but these came to mind

And welcome aboard

Is it Sagrath or Shagrath? But I heard OMC was his old band.

Like Jayde pointed out, it's Shagrath. Galder is the guy you're talking about, he's from OMD...er...C.

Now for something completely different, some of my faves:
My Dying Bride (duh!)
Anathema
Ulver
Katatonia
Shape of Despair
Hypocrisy
Bolt Thrower
(Opeth)
Nagelfar
Immortal
Empyrium
...and so on...

My best:

Opeth
The Gathering
Tim Buckley
Morbid Angel
In The Woods...
Cocteau Twins
Dead Can Dance
Emperor
Tenhi
Stereolab
Sigur Ros
Amorphis
Abigor
Enslaved
Immortal
Nokturnal Mortem
Darkthrone
Porcupine Tree
maudlin of the Well
Autumn Tears
Bathory

To mention few...
Opeth
My Dying Bride
Katatonia
Dark Tranquillity
Tristania
Therion
Moonspell
Lacrimosa
Darkwell
Howling Syn
Nightwish

Opeth
In Flames
Children Of Bodom
Dark Tranquility
Dying Fetus
Tristania
Lilitu
The Sins Of Thy Beloved
Dimmu Borgir
Therion
Nightwish
Andromeda
Tool
System Of A Down
Fear Factory
Iced Earth

Welcome to the board. It's nice to see fellow North Carolineans here...there are a few here and there. You are the first other person from Charlotte I have seen. I really wanted to go to that show at Tremont but couldn't make it. I will definitely go next time around.

I like:
Opeth
Katatonia
Anathema
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Dan Swanö(anything)
Vintersorg
My Dying Bride
Acid Bath
Tool
Lilitu