A thread for bands that are Opeth inspired

affinityband said:
Holy fuck guys, im flattered, we've only been in a band for a year. i love you. this is our first and hopefully only band we will be in.

FECK FECK FECK FECK.....!!!!!......when the feck are u comin to AUSTIN TX.....man WOw.....i think i just found my new fav fekcin band...offcourse besodes Opeth........wow..........amaizng songs...loved the aoscuitc sun song.......beautifull..and ure singer is so awesome too....teh ehavy riffs are killer man........serosuly if u come to tonw...Iwll be uin the front row headbanging....!!!!....HELLS YEAH...Im addin u guys.....!!!!....PEAC EOUT

Dude we aint signed, we aint even gigged we need to get two more heavy tracks sorted first, as it takes quite long to make a track i feel satisyfyed with. and the rest of the guys with. but because our singer, plays acoustic aswell, we're considering having all the clean guitar parts acoustic. as harry(clean vocals an acoustic) did the back to the sun song, all the guitars except for the solo which was moi, hes a very talented acoustic player. but yea add us by all means. flattered to say the least.

Well, no and yes. you listen to it and it is a very progressive sound, operatic vocals in places but not in the sense of like nightwish or anything. but then it can chancge into some fucking extreme metal, its strange hes beaten me to something i want to have achieved, it sounds so beautiful yet it sounds extreme at the same time. its definatley worth a listen to though, especially if you like opeth.

Oh agreed but there is some parts within peccatum that give a hint of emperor, like some of the heavy bits sound like the song, ummm 'within a wordless chamber' from the prometheus album. yea, well, whichever i like both to be honest.

Can someone tell me where I might be able to check out Dark Suns? I can't seem to find anything about them anywhere.