Death/Black bands

Anyways in response to the original question if you want good Death music listen to Bloodthorn, Agressor, Dying fetus. Why does everyone have to argue so much. I mean talk about a dysfunctional family.

shark22 said:
Anyways in response to the original question if you want good Death music listen to Bloodthorn, Agressor, Dying fetus. Why does everyone have to argue so much. I mean talk about a dysfunctional family.

the guy who recommends dying fetus in a thread asking about black/death bands is wondering why everyone argues. fucking HISTERICAL!!

some death/black bands

Luciferion
Belphegor
Behemoth
Zyklon
Lock Up (in a way)

the black metal universe is so extense... you got from Burzum to Gaahiskagg ... there are so many variations and evolutions of Black metal, see Emperor, Gorgoroth, Ulver, etc.

Opeth started with a great influence of black metal, mainly from Bathory (mikael is a great fan), Immortal (diabolical fullmoon mysticism, if you don't have listened, do it is a great album with acoustic parts and changes, some ambiental keyboards, similar to bathory), celtic Frost (the beginning of BM), etc.
Mikael always dreamed to play in a BM band (until now i think...)

just hear the guitar distortion on Orchid and Morningrise, the lyrics (nature, even some pagan lyrics, signature from the nature pagan BM).
the most BM songs of Opeth... maybe are:

Forest of October (a great BM piece) my favourite song of Opeth!!!
Under the Weeping Moon
In Mist She Was Standing
Black Rose Immortal (too BM )
The Night and Silent Water
Advent
April Ethereal / When (less BM than others, but with the essence)

i got to go.
bye!!!

borknagar_ said:
"Lock Up (in a way)"

"the black metal universe is so extense..."

"Forest of October (a great BM piece)"

i think those 3 are signature worthy...:lol: :lol: :lol:

if were counting anything with distortion as black metal, its no wonder the black metal universe is so "extense". :lol:

NineFeetUnderground said:
the guy who recommends dying fetus in a thread asking about black/death bands is wondering why everyone argues. fucking HISTERICAL!!
What's your definition of dying fetus if not death metal then?

they sounded like every swedish death metal band at the time

I've been looking for bands with long, drawn out songs and intertwining twin lead guitar and not much "riffing" for a long long time, and there doesn't seem to be all that many. Care to share some with me, besides In The Woods? I must've missed the legion of swedish bands who sounded like that.

Mumblefood said:
I've been looking for bands with long, drawn out songs and intertwining twin lead guitar and not much "riffing" for a long long time, and there doesn't seem to be all that many. Care to share some with me, besides In The Woods? I must've missed the legion of swedish bands who sounded like that.

the length of songs wasnt what i was getting at, and i think you know that. they used twin guitar harmonies with growls and clean guitar interludes...very revolutionary in the early/mid nineties in sweden. :rolleyes: :lol:

Mumblefood said:
Reccomend me some bands that sound like the first 2 Opeth albums please.

eucharist - mirrorworlds
october tide - rain without end
in the woods - heart of ages
katatonia - dance of december souls
excretion - voice of harmony
canorous quintet - as tears

eucharist - mirrorworlds
october tide - rain without end
in the woods - heart of ages
katatonia - dance of december souls
excretion - voice of harmony
canorous quintet - as tears

I own all of those, and that's not the sound i want. I want bands that sound like Orchid and Morningrise. Besides, A Velvet Creation is much more "opeth-ish" than Mirrorworlds, why would you post that one?

Mumblefood said:
I own all of those, and that's not the sound i want. I want bands that sound like Orchid and Morningrise. Besides, A Velvet Creation is much more "opeth-ish" than Mirrorworlds, why would you post that one?

uhh, no its not. compare the riffing styles as you suggested initially...between mirrorworlds and velvet creation. mirrorworlds is far more akin to opeth's riffing style on the first 2 albums. and if you own excretion, theres probably not much you dont own, and therefore you dont need me to recommend any albums to you i imagine. so whats this exercise all about then? clutching at straws still are we....