Favourite Morningrise track

What's your favourite track off Morningrise?

• Advent

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • The Night And The Silent Water

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Nectar

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 39 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does everyone hate The Night And The Silent Water so much? :confused:

Scarlett Letterman said:
Nectar would be my favourite opeth song if it weren't for the out of place bassline at the very end. As much as I like Johan's work, this was too much. I voted Nectar, cause I like an underdog.

And why all the hate for TNATSW? Probably contains their best acoustic riff on any album.

hey I know you from TDN.... i'm eulogy508

I cant decide between To Bid You Farewell and The Night And The Silent Water. I have heard a lot of people say they dont like the night and the silent water, but I think its awesome. The whole album is amazing.

This is the CD that I have literally worn out. I listen to it that friggin much! I love TNATSW too (I couldn't understand why Micheal A disliked it more than others he's written until I read why). Now that I understand his reasoning I am not offended because TNATSW is truly a masterpiece.

Any closet Nectar lovers out there? I think this song kicks major bootayyyy but doesn't get the respect it deserves. It has such a darkness feel to it and catchy riffs it makes me get chills.

AlexGuinness said:
I think I have to agree with this.

and I have to agree with you on this, except
1. To Bid You Farewell
2. Black Rose Immortal
3. The Night and Silent Water
4. Advent
5. Nectar

Rychster said:
I love TNATSW too (I couldn't understand why Micheal A disliked it more than others he's written until I read why). Now that I understand his reasoning I am not offended because TNATSW is truly a masterpiece.

Where did you read that? What did Mikael say? (I also love The Night and the Silent Water.)

Mistress Bleak said:
Where did you read that? What did Mikael say? (I also love The Night and the Silent Water.)

On the sticky thread above (link):

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153620

Go down a bit and there is Mikael's explanation.

Also, on their official Website, you can look at Mikael's biography and the bassist also doesn't like the song. When I say doesn't like, they of course love it but it's their least favorite.