Favourite Still Life Track

What's your favourite track off Still Life?

• The Moor

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Godhead's Lament

Votes: 42 28.0%
  • Benighted

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Moonlapse Vertigo

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Face Of Melinda

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Serenity Painted Death

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • White Cluster

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favourite track is (as with most of their albums) whichever one I am listening to at that moment in time. However, I'll give it to Godhead's, that was the one that stood out the most initially.

The Moor >>>>> White Cluster > Godhead's Lament > Serenity Painted Death > Moonlapse Vertigo > Face of melinda >>>>> Benighted

Hypnos said:
Godhead > Benighted > Moonlapse > Moor > Serenity > Cluster > Melinda

That list is almost totally backwards.

The actual order is more like

Melinda > The Moor > Godhead > Benighted > The rest of the songs

smile_hilarious.gif

Jude said:
Melinda > ...

Face of Melinda is the greatest.

It is so damn perfect and beautiful and saddening, with the acoustic riffs being so great and Mikael's vocals at perfection. It's sad you can't see the true grace of that song.

Conspirator said:
'The Moor' is Opeth's most overrated song, while 'Benighted' is the most underrated one...

Benighted is Opeth's most uninspired mellow song.
The Moor is flawless

The whole album is killer, but The Moor just gets me pumped up and ready for madness. And it just sounds fucking amazing live. I can't wait for the 10th! Opeth and Pelican are going to destroy hollywood!

»»--(Ò said:
The whole album is killer, but The Moor just gets me pumped up and ready for madness.

And the name of that madness is Godhead's Lament

Godhead's > White Cluster > The Moor > Face Of Melinda > Serenity Painted Death > Moonlapse Vertigo > Benighted

The only thing I really don't like about "face of melinda" is the chorus. Nice, of course but they have better ones...
Godhead's lament is the shit! (Hey, I'm improving my english!:loco: :D )

Header said:
The only thing I really don't like about "face of melinda" is the chorus. Nice, of course but they have better ones...
Godhead's lament is the shit! (Hey, I'm improving my english!:loco: :D )
Good job on the use of that!:D