Favourite Morningrise track

What's your favourite track off Morningrise?

• Advent

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • The Night And The Silent Water

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Nectar

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 39 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Black Rose Immortal
2. To Bid you Farewell (VERY close second)

3. Nectar
4. Advent
5. The Night And The Silent Water

Man, if I knew the resukts maybe I would have voted for Nectar just for the heck of it (not that would have helped anyway.) It's an amazing and apparently underappreciated song.

I'll get flamed to high heaven for this... but none of the above.

I could completely do without Morningrise or Orchid, not sure why... maybe it's because I got into this band much later, and buying these CD's after hearing thier later stuff, it seems very forgettable. I love the direction these discs set the band up for, but thats about it.

lol at the above.

Personally I have to go with Advent > To Bid You Farewell > Nectar > The Night And The Silent Water > Black Rose Immortal

Sorry but BRI just doesn't flow as well as it should do for me, and I'm not that surprised with a work of that magnitude. I know I couldn't do it. Maybe Mike could today. Next album Mike?

First I would say Black Rose Immortal, because it is HUGE.
But then I'd think about Advent, so direct, so intense, so complete.
Then there would be To Bid You Farewell: so different from the others, yet the best ballad I've ever heard.
And what about Nectar? Maybe the most powerful and heavy song with great riffing...
And there is The Night and the Silent Water, with... with everything...

If i really had to take out songs, I'd eliminate Nectar and The Night, they're "less perfect". But I really can't choose between the other 3...

Frostangelstorm said:
Yeah, sadly. Weren't Forest and Advent stable in the band's set, like, 3 years ago?

Advent only disappeared in the Damnation set, it was in all the way up 'til then. I don't know about Forest, probably was but I didn't know it that well the first time I saw Opeth.

[edit] Or the second. Or the third. The fourth it was too late :/

I can't believe they're not even playing Godhead's Lament and White Cluster. The world's gone to pot!

Black Rose Immortal owns my ass, but its hard to really choose a favorite.

i cant believe that guy at the top said he could do without Morningrise and Orchid. Orchid is one of their best dude, and Morningrise is just classic. hard to do without either.

Frostangelstorm said:
The first half of Nectar is not too cool though.

:OMG: Woah, are you kidding me!!??
The intro is totally amazing. And, the parts at "...Red reflection/It is yooouuu...it is YOU!" and "I will always love you..." give me such chills I just can't begin to describe.

steel102 said:
no eternal soul torture? :erk:

Nope, no bonus tracks, as they were not on the original album. This means that

a) Not everyone who has the album has them
b) The band didn't see it as fit to be part of the original album (for obvious reasons in this case - sorry!)

Alcapoth said:
:OMG: Woah, are you kidding me!!??
The intro is totally amazing. And, the parts at "...Red reflection/It is yooouuu...it is YOU!" and "I will always love you..." give me such chills I just can't begin to describe.

By not too cool I mean 9/10.

Nectar would be my favourite opeth song if it weren't for the out of place bassline at the very end. As much as I like Johan's work, this was too much. I voted Nectar, cause I like an underdog.

And why all the hate for TNATSW? Probably contains their best acoustic riff on any album.