Favourite Still Life Track

What's your favourite track off Still Life?

• The Moor

Votes: 34 22.7%
  • Godhead's Lament

Votes: 42 28.0%
  • Benighted

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Moonlapse Vertigo

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Face Of Melinda

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Serenity Painted Death

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • White Cluster

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this was so fucking hard. every song is a potential for my favourite song on the album of any other album... anyone understand that? wat im trying to say is that the worst song on still life is probably better that the best song on any other album imo. still life rules. i ended up voting SPD but moonlapse was soooo close

Yeah, I was debating between Godhead's, Moor, Moonlapse, and SPD with Cluster and FoM trailing juuust behind. Benighted is the only weak spot, really. Still a damn good song though.

Serenity Painted Death. Gosh man that intro is FLAT OUT depressing yet beautiful! How can you forget the solo? Best opeth solo on the album. And the riffs that come right after the solo is like the sky being covered by gray clouds with the sun bearly seeping through for the ending of the album. Absolutely beautiful song.

:eek: Woah, a dead tie between what are arguably the two best tracks off the album. Cool. I remember THE MOOR won the BEST Opeth song poll years back, when EACH song off EACH album was voted off one by one (which was lengthy, but cool.) WHEN was the runner-up in the FINAL TWO showdown.

In any case, it seems THIS poll has the least votes so far. Is it because this is the album that most seem to NOT own yet? C'mon, where are the votes???

i'd have to say the moor, man it rocks all the way through... I long for more every time it ends... all those amazing soft parts combined with the undescribable heavy parts... argh, it's like the best trip you'll ever make lot's of experiances

I went with Godhead's, though I easily could have gone for Moonlapse or the Moor. All the songs are close though.

Re: the claim that Benighted is their most inspired mellow song I strenuously object. Benighted is not only beautiful and understated I think it perfectly fits the story and themes of Still Life, and works perfectly in its place in the story and album. It perfectly evokes the folky, medieval and renaissance (although I get renaissance vibes from the album) feel and time of the story. Plus the breathy caution and care evident in Mikael's voice to me perfectly evokes the importance, fragility, and reverence of Melinda to our protagonist. In these respects I actually feel Benighted is one of their most inspired mellow pieces.

Wow, my post perfectly demonstrates how perfectly no word can illustrate as perfectly 'something does X action' as "perfectly". I am apparently two steps from illiteracy. If you ever need a lexicographer, don't ask me.

Face of melinda. It was my ex girlfriends fav opeth song. We broke upin january and i couldnt bring myself to listen to it again untill about two weeks ago. Amazing lyrics and music, but hell i wouldnt expect any less from opeth.

I think this is the hardest album to pick a favorite song from.

I would have to go with Godhead's Lament, but The Moor is a tight second...... along with the rest of the album

SPD. One of the most killer riffs ever. Learning to play it on guitar now, and there's a solo part that is so freakin hard to play. It's like 5 over 6 and I can't even really HEAR it correctly, never mind play it. I'm so amazed anyone could even think of playing something like this.

The whole album slays, and it was a tough choice, but SPD always stood out to me (I remembered the title immediately, which rarely happens for me w/ Opeth).