Favourite Panzer Solo!!!

TheBodomBeachTerror

Im metal till I die!
Dec 24, 2007
MD
Im extremely curious to know what your favourite solos are ...............mine are all from the one and only chris fuckin broderick and they are (in order)

1. Iron Eagle
2. Hell to Pay
3. Tempest
4. Spectres of the Past
5. 3 Voices of Fate

I was just thinking the other day of a thread like this,

I grew up 40 minutes south of the Panzers....and while I was growing up and taking lessons I actually studied with a guy that studied with Joey Taffolla while he was in CO in the 80's his name is Joe Felice....but anyway I think Chris L , Chris B and Joey are all great players but my favorite Panzer Solo is Joey's solo on Shadow Thief from the Fourth Judgment album...

Broderick's stuff is highly technical but personally I prefer Joey's and Chris L's phrasing.

My Favorite Joey solo again is Shadow Thief from Fourth Judgment

Chris B Iron Eagle

Chris L Chain of Command (although he's an even better player now and will impress with JP's new stuff I am sure.) I just saw him live in COS and his style is different but he is fast and can really play tasty solo's.

My Two cents

Oh holy shit, very tough since JP mostly have clever, effective and great solos. But some clear favourites solos are:

Hell To Pay
Black
Judgement Day
Shadow Thief
Cold Is The Blade
The Scarlet Letter
Twilight Years

Tafolla's performance on The Fourth Judgment is stellar. I too enjoy Chris L and Tafolla much more than Broderick...he's a great technician, but lacks feel and phrasing...too robotic.

dude i dont know .......i think chris broderick's phrasing is amazing, for example the solo in tempest or ESPESCIALLY in spectres of the past....wow!!

dude i dont know .......i think chris broderick's phrasing is amazing, for example the solo in tempest or ESPESCIALLY in spectres of the past....wow!!

Dude, I dont think either of us were taking anything away from Broderick just stating our personal tastes favored Taffolla's and Lasegue's styles

Here is what I admire and like about Broderick's Style.

His 5 octave two handed arpeggios and mimicked only by a handful of players anywhere, He has some of the sickest string skipping licks I have ever heard even as sick as Paul Gilbert's. He is very precise and clean when he plays fast and he can play with feeling combined with speed , my favorite solo of his with Panzer is Iron Eagle which he phrases well IMHO. And lastly he is very versatile and from what Mark B says about him, he is a very hard worker.

The cool thing about this conversation is that one band has been blessed with some of the best metal guitarist ever!!:)