Favourite Song From "Stand Up and Fight"?

What's your favourite SUAF song?

• The March of the Varangian Guard

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Take the Day!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Hunting Pirates

• Βένετοι! - Πράσινοι! (Ven

• Stand Up and Fight

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The Great Escape

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Fear the Fear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • End of an Empire

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • The Bosphorus Freeze Over

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Shinster

Penior Member
Feb 9, 2007
Since the other two albums have got their own threads, how about we get a SUAF thread going?

Not going to include "Broadsword" but if you wanna put it then go nuts.

I am going to have to go with The Great Escape.

"Rising, a new day rising
New kingdoms await
New lands there to take
Your son's heading home

He's a viking, the last of The Vikings
With chests full of gold
Great tales to be told
Your king's heading home"

Absolutely love that part. It is epic beyond belief.:headbang:

Fuck yeah, End of an Empire has just outweighed the other songs, thanks to mah voeeet <3 But yeah, that song really gives you goosebumps, chills down your spine and everything else. And it's musically challenging too, with all the transitions, tonal juggling and shite. And the diversity of the feelings in this song, the atmosphere changes when you least expect it. Plus it makes you feel like a friggen' warrior, more than the other songs. Yes.

the march of the varangian guard: because the lyrics are like a continuation of miklagard overture. this song could have also been an epilogue for the varangian way if composed sooner :rofl:
the great escape: it reminds me of manowar, and it's also very epic
supernaut: a metal-oriented song that kicks my ass every time i listen to it. an awesome song for a bonus track, because it can surprise you easily. PS: the solo...man!the solo...when i first heard it, i became speechless

It's a close one, but End of an Empire beats The Great Escape and Hunting Pirates (and all the others...) by just a little bit. For me, the length of the song is great even though I find myself wanting it to be longer (so I listen to it again). The instrumentals and vocals are wonderfully put together, too, in my opinion. It's also pretty technically challenging, in each part when separate and also when they're all put together to form this amazing song in it's completed glory.

I haven't even answered this poll! D:
It's The great escape for me, if I'd have to pick one... It works well both live and just listening.
Also i do like &#914;&#941;&#957;&#949;&#964;&#959;&#953;! - &#928;&#961;&#940;&#963;&#953;&#957;&#959;&#953;! a lot.. Would like to hear it more live. :)

I haven´t voted because I cannot really choose one, but I think the one that has become the most improtant once for me is "Stand up and Fight"...