Favourite Deliverance track

What's your favourite track off Deliverance?

• Wreath

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • For Absent Friends

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Master's Apprentices

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • By The Pain I See In Others

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
I'm surprised By the Pain wasn't voted more...

I loved the rhythm in that song, twas quite a precursor to all the songs on Ghost Reveries...

maybe its just me but after listening to any opeth album i find it hard to pick a favorite. every song has certain things about it that make it undeniably amazing. how can you pick out one drumline/guitarline/vocal/bassline and say its the best, when every damn song keeps you equally amazed?
these polls always bother me.

I agree with Jakesands5....soooooo hard to pick an all time fave Opeth track...however having said that I still had to vote for By The Pain I See In Others for Deliverance, with Master's Apprentices coming in as a close second. BTPISIO won out simply because everytime I listen to Deliverance it seems I have to put on that song first. And when I listen starting with Wreath I'm always anticipating By The Pain I See In Others coming up.

I voted A Fair Judgement. I love the melody, the solos, and the "Leave it be" section, everything about it, the guitar, the solos, the drums, the vocals, the bass, it's all perfect. The little classical interlude is wonderful, idiosyncratic and beautiful, and then that awesome riff before the final solos.

I love this album though, great songs all around. And really, depending on the day any song (except FAF, which is great, but how can it compare) could have taken it.

For some reason I never want to listen to Master's Apprentices but when it comes on I always think, "Jesus this is an awesome song", and then Jesus says, "Umm, the name's Mikael actually":p