Favourite Deliverance track

What's your favourite track off Deliverance?

• Wreath

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • For Absent Friends

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Master's Apprentices

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • By The Pain I See In Others

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters

theonecynic

Megapeth Fan
Sep 8, 2005
Right, well, because Deliverance and Damnation were written at the same time, as one release, I thought I'd do the polls at the same time, as one release.

(Actually, I'm going to be without internet access for two weeks, hence the extra added earliness for both of them. The GR and Grand polls will be at the right time though)

I figured that, although the Favourite Song thread is quite interesting and/or fun, it's too hard to pick a favourite Opeth song out of the whole bunch. So I figured it might be interesting to poll each album, and then do a poll of the winners for each album to find the ultimate Opeth song. Give it a go!

You can find the poll for your favourite Orchid track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Morningrise track here
You can find the poll for your favourite My Arms, Your Hearse track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Still Life track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Blackwater Park track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Damnation track here
You can find the poll for your favourite Ghost Reveries track here

Master's fucking Apprentices !!!

And no by that I do not mean there is a master fucking his apprentice somewhere.

Although it is a possibility, but how the hell am I supposed to know???

So ok... you know what I mean.

Right?

Nevermind...

Not taking anything away from the entire album, the song I listened to the most in the beginning was Wreath, but the title track is what did it for me. Martin Lopez's performance throughout is just mind blowing.

The best song might be Deliverance, but I voted for Wreath anyway. Deliverance is kind of worn out for me, and Wreath has this extremely doomy, evil atmosphere (it's probably their most evil track)... I remember when we were driving in the forest with my friends in the middle of the night, and there was a fog thick as a brick (had to say that), and Wreath was playing... it was truly something!

Went with Master's Apprentices...but that could change at any point. Saw Conspirator do this, my version:

Master's Apprentices > Deliverance > For Absent Friends > A Fair Judgment > By the Pain I See in Others > Wreath

But, that is just my opinion...