• Immortal Plains

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Follow Your Heart

• Freedom of Thought

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Distant Lands

• Gates of Tommorrow (Japanese Bonus Track)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Like Them ALL!!!

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Samurai Sweetie

Sexy Samurai Chick
Feb 29, 2004
Somewhere in Nowhere...
www.ibanez.com
So I was curious what everyone's favourite Track from Power Quest's first Album, Wings of Forever was?

For me it was kinda hard, as there was a few songs I really liked, way too catchy, but overall, I'd say my favourite was 'Far Away', and to take the words from someone else, it's a Power Metal Anthem. :cool:

P.S. I made this 'Multiple Choice' for those who couldn't decide. ;)

I've gone for them all again...I'm simply a lazy bugger!! :D

A very strong debut album with many high points and while not being quite as excellent as Neverworld, nonetheless it's cracking stuff!!!

I will narrow it down to:

Wings of Forever: Great opener and just an awesome song. Another good live one too!!
Far Away: This is still the song that I find myself humming at work more than any other. :Spin: Catchy to the extreme this one!!
Glory Tonight: I had this playing on repeat when I first bought the album. Still one of my faves.
Beyond the Stars: One word......CATCHY!!! How many times have I used that word now?? Yes, this song will stick in your head for days.

So, again choosing one track would not be easy. It would be tough between those four.

It was a hard decision between Far Away and Glory Tonight because I know the demo of Glory Tonight when it was on mp3.com and it was my favourite song at that time. But 'Far Away' is my favourite song from this album now, and it's still my favourite PQ song 8) \m/

*BUMP* :Smokedev:

This is tough, this album had almost every track just flow perfectly and it grew on me with every listen until I could no longer just choose one as my favourite anymore. :)

The only tracks I didn't really get much into were Freedom Of Thought, Distant Lands, and the Japanese bonus track, Gates Of Tomorrow.

Wings Of Forever: A great way to open the album: speedy, catchy, and no holding back!

Glory Tonight: The first PQ song I ever heard... the keyboard intro is wonderful, mighty chorus, great solos, and I love the dual guitar harmony before the end.

Immortal Plains: Just a great ballad altogether... positive message, soulful female vocals, and even a good solo.

Follow Your Heart: Very decisive song here, powerful message, chorus is in a minor key instead of a major (as opposed to songs like Far Away), and very nice vocal work.

Distant Lands: Beautiful guitar track to end the album. Whichever of the 3 guitarists it was that did the electric guitar had incredible passion with those riffs.

Honorable mentions for my faves include Power Quest Pt. 1 and Far Away.

My fav tracks are WOF, Far Away and Power quest pt1
If i had to pick just one track it would be Power quest part 1 its epic! It has a Maiden sort of feel to it :D

My choice is far and away Far Away :lol:

@BnM: dropping F-bombs doesn't make you a bad guy! It's a metal show, it's energy!

Distant Lands: Beautiful guitar track to end the album. Whichever of the 3 guitarists it was that did the electric guitar had incredible passion with those riffs.
Yes, it's a very beautiful instrumental guitar track. The acoustic parts reminded me of Malmsteen's 'Golden Dawn' from Fire & Ice.

The electric parts reminded me of 'Requiem' from Galneryus's EP Rebel Flag, very passionate and full of life. :)

I didn't get into it much in the way that I thought it was too good for the album and was a bit out of place, like it belonged on its' own album accompanied by more great instrumental tracks along with Gates of Tomorrow.

Btw, who actually performed Gates of Tomorrow, I remember Herman mentioning that it was performed by a friend of yours. The booklet says 'Music by Steve Scott/Dave Brons' and that's all. :)

I actually like both songs and listen to both of them separately but with other acoustic tracks by other bands/artists because it is so soothing that you can just relax while listening and let your mind drift. :)

Does what I'm saying make sense to anyone?

Interestingly.....the guitar work on Distant Lands was actually me! LOL!
I remember either Sam or Herman telling me that you did that song before I bought the cd and it surprised me. :)

The booklet is actually weird how it lists Distant Lands because it says 'Music by Williams - Arrangements by Williams/Scott/Totman/Bickers' and then it says 'Acoustic and electric guitars on "Distant Lands" by Steve Williams'.

For every other song on the album it only lists "Music" and "Words" and lists who wrote what.

That's what I thought, I was thinking you either did that or the acoustic part of Glory Tonight, but GT was Sam I think. You're just an all-around great musician then!
Actually Steve did do the acoustic guitars on Glory Tonight also. :)