The Blood Alliance Review Thread

I bought that issue over the weekend. Aside from being disappointed because clearly it should've got 10, the comment at the end of the review is stupid and not funny in my opinion.

The comment is "...It stands Power Quest in good stead for a bigger stage even if the audience is populated by your Dad and his mates."

Not funny, not close to a reflection of the audiences you would find at a Power Quest gig and also it's not funny.

Did I mention it's not funny?

I bought that issue over the weekend. Aside from being disappointed because clearly it should've got 10, the comment at the end of the review is stupid and not funny in my opinion.

The comment is "...It stands Power Quest in good stead for a bigger stage even if the audience is populated by your Dad and his mates."

Not funny, not close to a reflection of the audiences you would find at a Power Quest gig and also it's not funny.

Did I mention it's not funny?

Absolutely agree with you. 7/10 is an alright mark, but I hate the comments they wrote. Trying to be clever but they're being stupid. I'm actually tempted to write a complaint to Metal Hammer :lol:

I buy it VERY occasionally, usually only in situations where I want something to do on a Train journey of any significant length and if the issue I see in the shop looks like it has a fair share of stuff in that might interest me.

I did go out of my way to buy this particular issue because of Steve mentioning it had a review of Blood Alliance on Twitter. As well as that, at least it has a few other interesting things in/with it, including an ace Judas Priest 'Epitaph' poster!

Don't read magazines so I dunno about MH but 7/10 is above average so that doesn't sound like a bad score to me! Slating it because you think it deserves a 10/10 sounds a tiny bit fanboyish to me, but then again I don't know the magazine that well so who knows :lol:

To be fair my comment about the fact that it should've got 10 was slightly tongue-in-cheek, in that I wasn't naive enough to actually expect it to get that score, but I am disappointed it didn't get at least 8.

But the thing I was more bothered about was the comment at the end, for reasons I've already explained.