Press Release December 2010 - Blood Alliance Track List Revealed!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
POWER QUEST reveal track list of BLOOD ALLIANCE

UK based melodic power metal crew POWER QUEST have completed their new album "Blood Alliance" and are ready for an ambitious and busy 2011. Not only will the UK 6 piece have its 10 years anniversary coming up, but "Blood Alliance" will see the light of the day in early 2011. Firstly it is released in Japan on January 19th via Marquee/Avalon. The European release is expected towards the end of March, with the USA release in early April.

Keyboardist and PQ founder Steve Williams had this to say, ahead of revealing the track list for the new record. "Well it has been a long time coming but finally the 5th PQ album is done and I don't think I have ever been so excited about releasing an album. All the guys have given 110% to this record and I'm proud of them all. Its without doubt the heaviest PQ album yet but without sacrificing the PQ melodic tradition. I just can't wait for you all to hear it!"

Here is the official Blood Alliance track list and running order:

1. Battle Stations
2. Rising Anew
3. Glorious
4. Sacrifice
5. Survive
6. Better Days
7. Crunching the Numbers
8. Only in my Dreams
9. Blood Alliance
10. City of Lies
11. Time to Burn (Japanese bonus track)

Initial industry feedback has been extremely positive and "Blood Alliance" is without doubt the heaviest and catchiest album PQ have recorded to date. With new front man Chity Somapala and a full new line-up this will be by far one of the most interesting album releases in 2011. The album artwork will be revealed on December 30th!

POWER QUEST are confirmed to play HardRock Hell Ibiza in June 2011 and will confirm some more UK festival appearances shortly. Updates on touring will follow shortly.

Stay tuned for more live shows to be announced and follow all the updates via Twitter, Myspace, Facebook and the official Power Quest website.

Wicked! A lot of shorter titles on this one! I see Crunching the Numbers has held up after being mentioned quite a while ago.. absolutely psyched for this, only a month to go before import!

A rough European release date, a host of very punchy and intriguing tracks, an artwork release date and the promise of both heaviest and catchiest album yet. I didn't think this could get more interesting but wow the excitement levels are palpable!

Roll on January! Man the Battle Stations because the Glorious PQ are Rising Anew to Survive for Better Days. They've made every Sacrifice but the Blood Alliance have been Crunching the Numbers and it's no City of Lies, for 2011 they don't have Time to Burn..."Only in my Dreams!" says Steve!

Super Stoked! :headbang: can't describe how much i'm looking forward to hearing this!!! i'm sure it will be well worth the wait though :Smokin:
Also can't wait to see what Felipe has come up with for the artwork! o_O

Really excited for this! Can't wait to hear this, especially to hear the singer's voice. It's been Alessio the last 4 albums so yeah you know...! Probably gonna rock

Well we all have heard Alessio on vocals so far and with a completely new line up now it may be VERY different dude. You understand what I mean...?

Steve is the primary songwriter... Chity is an excellent vocalist... the other guys know what they're doing. I seem to have more faith in this band than you do... It will be different yet similar. I understand what you're saying but don't be so down.

I actually have faith and I'm not down or anything I'm just saying that with this new line up it might disappoint some of us in some way.

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I think if you are expecting the album to sound like it did with Alessio singing then yeah I think you would be disappointed...lol! But I'm sure most of you are pretty familiar with what Chity brings to the table in terms of vocals

I can accept Chity's vocals but I'm not sure if I'll get used to this change if you know what I mean homie

Well, there's 5 new guys in the band from the last record....so of course it's going to be different. Things have to move on, the band has to evolve and the new guys have to be able to put their mark on things.....which they all have done very well!

Personally, I think it is the most consistent PQ record to date and it is without doubt the heaviest. I know I can't be all things to all men so I guess if you like it...great! If you don't.....well, that's unfortunate....but life goes on! lol!

But....I think most of you will love the new album :headbang:

epic track names, especially "Battle Stations"

Steve, can I ask you a q? I just want to hear which is the catchiest song in the album? Thanks and Rock on :headbang: