Magic Never Dies Review

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
POWER QUEST Magic Never Dies Majestic Rock (2005) www.majesticrock.com One of my personal favourite new bands of the past few years return withalbum number three, which also marks a new label for the band after leavingNow & Then. Power Quest, if you have never heard anything by them (and ifnot, why not?) play classic power metal but with a healthy dose ofprogressive music and even AOR at times. Opener Ascension will have pomprock fans in ecstasy with its symphonic keyboards and military snarebackbeat. Find My Heaven fairly rips out of the speakers and is a classicpower metal anthem that this band do so well. What I like about this bandthough is that its not all double speed drumming and super fast guitar solosbut they can throw in the odd curve ball into the mix. Take Hold On ToLove that builds nicely up to the chorus and features neat keyboard andguitar interplay. The one song on here that could open up a whole newaudience is Children Of The Dream. It will easily appeal to melodic rockfans with a catchy riff and chorus definitely a tune for airplay. Only acouple of songs miss the mark for me but that said even an average PowerQuest song blasts lesser bands out of the water! Power Quest deliver the goods again and then some. Key for the band willbe breaking out of the power metal niche and gaining a wider metal/rockaudience and with tunes like Children Of The Dream they may just do thatwith this release.

****1/2 out of *****

Jason RitchieReviews EditorGet Ready To Rock!www.getreadytorock.comEditorClassic Rock Newswirewww.groups.yahoo.com/group/classicrocknews/join