Your ideal Power Quest setlist

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
I'd be really interested to see everyone's idea of a perfect Power Quest setlist.
Here's mine (put together in 5 minutes so may need a bit of tweaking but you get the idea) -

Ascension (as band enters)
Battle Stations
Glorious
Children of the Dream
Diamond Sky
City of Lies
Cemetery Gates
When I'm Gone
Human Machine
Magic Never Dies
Better Days

Encore - Lost Without You

I remember there being a thread where people were posting songs they'd particularly like to hear live and in some cases their ideal setlists, doesn't appear to be here now though. Kudos on specifying the Ascension Intro to be played!

Here's my ideal setlist, with some suggestions for variations as well:

Ascension (Intro)
Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Cemetery Gates/Edge of Time
Survive
Wings of Forever
Better Days/Sacrifice
Temple of Fire
Glorious/Galaxies Unknown
Sacred Land/Strike Force
Immortal Plains/Hold on to Love
Crunching The Numbers/Magic Never Dies/Power Quest Part 1
City of Lies/Never Again

Encore:

Far Away
Neverworld

Ascension (intro music)
Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Find My Heaven
Sacred Land
Cemetery Gates
Survive
Hold On To Love
Diamond Sky
Sacrifice
Children of the Dream
Strikeforce
Better Days
---
Wings of Forever
The Longest Night

A bit long, but there are far too many favorites and leaving some of them out is annoying! Maybe not necessarily in that order since I just woke up, but that would be great. Though I'd like to just see PQ live at all! :lol:

Haha, I had Far Away as part of the encore but I dunno, two a capella intros seemed to be a bit overkill!

:lol: My thoughts exactly, Dom! Leaving any song from MND off my list was way too hard!

We need something in the vein of "An Evening with Amon Amarth", but with PQ playing two sets so we can get as much as we can from all the albums in :p

For my part, I need to get Neverworld and WoF so I can compile my list... Steve, is there any chance of those ever appearing for digital distribution on iTunes / Amazon MP3 / etc? Would be much easier for me to complete my set this way, heh. Is that a label thing?

WOF is very unlikely to appear on Itunes unless there is an official re-release, and that would require the demand to be there.

Similarly with Neverworld.....

The fact that the albums were on different labels doesn't really help either......I still have a very small amount of Neverworld CD's in stock though.

I have never used iTunes or bought Mp3s so I'm not totally clued up on availability to be fair

Nikki gets an A++ for presentation :lol:

And gah, Neverworld, how could I forget that track? I remember that was the first PQ song I ever heard - couldn't get enough of those vocals, it was probably the catchiest album I had ever heard at that point in time! I must've had that song (and album) on repeat a good couple dozen times before I changed to anything else, haha. Gonna listen to it again today, it's been too long! Would totally put that in my list.

It was a really difficult choice... I didn't forget about Neverworld! But it was just so, so hard to choose tracks.
I know I definitely had to have Power Quest and Another World in there. I'm quite proud of the Intro, because I wanted it to show PQ from the beginning, to PQ now.

Therefore, I am a (Photoshop) geek, and too organised... So I made the setlist pretty :lol:

Some good stuff in your setlist Nikki, happy you also chose Lost Without You for your encore! It's true though, so many songs to choose from and so little time in the average set length! I'm really hoping we get some old classics in the post Bloodstock shows - Temple of Fire, Children of the Dream, Diamond Sky, Hold on to Love etc... Along with the songs from Blood Alliance that we didn't get to hear last time around.