Favre Situation

It's been almost a bizarre soap opera. But, with so many athletes having "un-retired" in recent past (Roger Clemens, etc), it's very surprising that the Packers weren't prepared for Farve wanting to come back, especially after such a solid season last year (despite the 1 atrocious pass against the Giants).

If Brett walks into the starter's role again (yeah, I know Green Bay has said it will give Brett the chance to "compete" for it) then poor Aaron Rogers should ask to be traded. In reality I admire Brett quite a lot and think he can still play at a high level but this "retire / unretire" saga has already grown old in my opinion. I guess as the preseason unfolds we will see how this plays out. It would be quite odd seeing Brett in another uniform and I just can't imagine that happening. But I didn't imagine the NY Giants plowing through the post season and winning the Super Bowl this past season either...

He should have just stayed retired. At least he would have gone out on a slightly high note. Now there's a good chance he can go back to sucking again.

Heres my personal opinion on retired players coming out of retirement. First I think that Brett Favre is an amazing player. I am a Chicago Bears fan but still give the man much respect for his playing. I was also the biggest Michael Jordan fan as well. But I do not think that a player should be able to come out of retirement like this. There should be a written rule so people do not just so carelessly say "I Retire". Why not take a year sabbatical? Instead of impulsively retiring and then suddenly figuring out in a few months it wasn't the best idea? In Favres case it looks like his decision has kind of bitten him in the ass. Yes hes going to play but I believe his fans and his team have lost respect for him.

I think it totally sucks that he retired and then changed his mind.... He put the Packers and Aaron Rogers in the worst situation...

Then he starts trash talkin the organization... I lost some respect for Mr. Favre... give me a break...

He should be able to play if he wants to, but Green Bay should be in no way obliged to bring him back once he utters those words "I Retire".

He's making an ass out of himself, to put it lightly. He's really fucking with the Packers and is pissing on his own legacy. Maybe he can throw some sort of un-retirement party and have KISS perform there as an addition to their current post-farewell tour...

Congrats, Brett. Way to completely degrade and cheapen your career!

/endrant

He should have just stayed retired. At least he would have gone out on a slightly high note. Now there's a good chance he can go back to sucking again.

I fully agree with you on this one, Kim.

I used to have the utmost respect for Farve, but not any longer. He should have retired and live life to the fullest. Once he got bored, he could have come back as either as an offensive coach, or a TV analyst. :loco:

But now.... he should have just disappeared and stayed out of the public eye. :ill:

He should have taken the chance at a graceful exit. You're only as good as your last season.

You know it's bad when I'm sick of the whole mess, being a GB fan. Brett has put the team in a very awkward position, and is now whining that they didn't want him bad enough. WTF. Get over yourself, ya damn crybaby. You retired, they moved on. You waffled, they gave the job to Rodgers. Is it really worth all this BS? I have lost a lot of respect for him, that's for sure. And now seeing him in a Jets uniform...ugh. So much for going out on a good note.

You know it's bad when I'm sick of the whole mess, being a GB fan. Brett has put the team in a very awkward position, and is now whining that they didn't want him bad enough. WTF. Get over yourself, ya damn crybaby. You retired, they moved on. You waffled, they gave the job to Rodgers. Is it really worth all this BS? I have lost a lot of respect for him, that's for sure. And now seeing him in a Jets uniform...ugh. So much for going out on a good note.

Actually, I think it even goes further with either he or at least the people supporting him claiming he was forced to retire. I try not to pay attention so I don't know the particulars.

He should have taken the chance at a graceful exit. You're only as good as your last season.

+1

Favre has had great years, and crappy ones. I'll bet he'll have a crappy year this year, and this will be his last year before he retires for good - on a sour note as well.

It is not good for GB, the Jets, Pennington (I feel sorry for him) and the Jets. The whole NFL is a farce because of this fark-up mess. :ill::zombie:

Favre has had great years, and crappy ones. I'll bet he'll have a crappy year this year, and this will be his last year before he retires for good - on a sour note as well.

[As I make a Wayne of Wayne's World face and say]:
"Yes, he really dropped the ball on this one."

Sorry folks, it was too good to pass up :/