Who would headline a gig between...

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I have always wondered who would headline a festival or big gig with both Maiden and Metallica on the bill. Both these bands would headline over pretty much anyone, but I am not sure how they would go against one another...and really, I am surprised the situation has never arisen. Thoughts?

At a Soundwave/BDO festival Metallica by a mile. Have impacted the mainstream more than Maiden. At a Wacken etc Metallica just.

Just look at the recent Australia tours. I know that a lot of people will be seeing them at Soundwave but the two sideshows haven't sold out yet, where as Metallica sold out 17?

Not sure about the bands not getting on? At least Rob and Lars were at one of the US Maiden shows during the SBIT tour as seen on the Flight666 DVD, with Lars and Steve joking around back stage.

I am surprised the situation has never arisen. Thoughts?
So you should be, as it has happened.

Monsters of Rock (Spain) 1988 - Iron Maiden were higher up on the bill, but back then so were bands like Van Halen, Scorpions and Dokken. Roskilde 2003 - Metallica headlined, Iron Maiden just before them.

These days I think Metallica would headline any mainstream festival, Maiden would probably co-headline at the very least for any metal festival.

What about Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Manowar? Now there's a noodle bender.

Very interesting! I guess Maiden also played before Ozzy on Ozzfest as well, so they aren't THAT big headed and averse to not headline.

In Australia it would be Metallica by a mile, and probably the US as well. UK and Europe, not so sure.

I don't think Axl would be big enough to open for anyone these days.

Hmm maybe AC/DC and U2 might be the only two Metallica might open for that I can think of.

If (when) Sabbath reunite, I would love to see them headline over a big name like Metallica.

Very interesting! I guess Maiden also played before Ozzy on Ozzfest as well, so they aren't THAT big headed and averse to not headline.

In Australia it would be Metallica by a mile, and probably the US as well. UK and Europe, not so sure.

I don't think Axl would be big enough to open for anyone these days.

Hmm maybe AC/DC and U2 might be the only two Metallica might open for that I can think of.

If (when) Sabbath reunite, I would love to see them headline over a big name like Metallica.

In this month Classic Rock Mag GEEZER states that if SABBATH do reunite it will be 2012 ... heres hoping :Smokedev:

That live reunion CD recorded in Birmingham came out in 1997 or so. Funny to have talk of another reunion in 2012!