Who should co-headline a tour with Testament? Round 1 (part 1/2)

pick your candidates for co-headliners

• Black Label Society

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Blind Guardian

• Cavalera Conspiracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Children of Bodom

• Devin Townsend (whatever he's up to currently)

• Down

• Dream Theater

• Gojira

• Hatebreed

• Iced Earth

• In Flames

• Kreator

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Machine Head

• Total voters

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
I know I do post too many of these polls perhaps, but what the hell. Here's another one.

The current tour with LoG and KE made me think of other possible tours that would prove advantageous for the band and/or satisfactory for the fans.

I realize Thrash packages have become both popular and successful in the past 3-4 years, but I've tried to be more open to other sub-genres this time, even if I don't like some of these bands at all. Mixing things up a bit can give the band some desired crowd exposure. Besides, there are not to many peers for Testament in the Thrash category.

There are probably a lot of bands missing by mistake. I have deliberately excluded Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus and Anthrax, with whom Testament have toured a lot in the recent years. However, I have inclued OverKill, as their last tour ended prematurely due to health issues.

The concept here is to include bands for a CO-headlining tour, hence I've tried to choose ones that are more or less in Testament's category, popularity-wise. I realize that Kreator and Sepultura are at least 5 times smaller than Testament in the States currently, but they've been around for just as long, have good repute and are still pretty popular in Europe, South America and in some countries on other continents as well. Try not to think of it as a US tour only. I don't know if all these bands are fully active now (Nevermore in particular), but let's assume they are. BTW, I'm not very familiar with most of those popular metalcore/hardcore bands (as I lay dying, between the buried and me, the black dahlia murder, heaven shall burn etc.) so I have not included most of them to not sound ridiculous.

I've come up with 26 names so there are 2 polls. Once all 5 boarders will have voted, I will make a final poll for the most popular 10-12 bands.

I'll start a poll with candidates for openers thereafter. Finally, a poll with bands Testament should open for will follow (that will be a short list, for sure).

Ok, for those of you who give a shit - MULTIPLE VOTING IS ALLOWED.

Be sure to check the other part here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/892950-who-should-co-headline-tour-testament-round-1-part-2-2-a.html

Voted BLS, Devin, Down, DT and IE. All good, experienced bands who have their own, strong crowds. I'm pretty sure most of them would be nice to share the stage with.

I've been wondering what was the most exotic tour Testament did. Any suggestions? I know they've done some pretty odd one-off shows with pop/rock bands in Asia and Central America in particular, but I can't think of anything with regard to touring right now. I remember rumors about a possible GNR tour back in 2000/2001. Eric suggested it was obviously due to the Del James connection. As much as I could imagine it during the PWYP through TR period, I don't see that with Testament touring The Gathering, honestly.

They must have had some weird touring coalitions in the hard times for metal or thrash from 93-2002 when thrash packages weren't around, even though like OverKill they did a lot of small club touring on their own. I know Eric wanted to take Dimmu Borgir out for a tour back when he got into BM. Luckily they were too expensive.

Oh, BTW I've changed my username finally as you can see. The old one had been meant to be for a couple of posts only anyway, but somehow it stayed with me for over 11 years. This one is just as accidental (I got it while listening to the great One Man's Fate obviously, whereas I chose the old one just because Alone in the Dark was playing), but perhaps a little less silly.

If I picked Id pick Grim force, The agonist, Judas priest again as I didnt get to see them do the show together last time, Sodom or evile would be cool,kobra and the lotus,venom

Yeah, I bet most of these bands don't fit people's fate. I was just trying to pick bands that are in Testament's league, commercial wise. Sodom or Evile could only open for Testament (I think Sodom's last album sold 700 copies in the first week, but it was released in the States with a little delay. They did chart in their homeland, but did rather week - worse than Tankard, if I remember correctly). Judas Priest, in turn, is a band Testament would rather open for than co-headline with. Thus none of them are included. However, once I decide to make the appropriate polls for the respective categories of bands, they will be there.