Who should co-headline a tour with Testament? Round 1 (part 2/2)

pick your candidates for co-headliners

• Mastodon

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Meshuggah

• Nevermore

• Newsted

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Opeth

• OverKill

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sepultura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadows Fall

• Soulfly

• Symphony X

• The Dillinger Escape Plan

• Trivium

• Volbeat

• Total voters

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
I know I do post too many of these polls perhaps, but what the hell. Here's another one.

The current tour with LoG and KE made me think of other possible tours that would prove advantageous for the band and/or satisfactory for the fans.

I realize Thrash packages have become both popular and successful in the past 3-4 years, but I've tried to be more open to other sub-genres this time, even if I don't like some of these bands at all. Mixing things up a bit can give the band some desired crowd exposure. Besides, there are not to many peers for Testament in the Thrash category.

There are probably a lot of bands missing by mistake. I have deliberately excluded Megadeth, Slayer, Exodus and Anthrax, with whom Testament have toured a lot in the recent years. However, I have inclued OverKill, as their last tour ended prematurely due to health issues.

The concept here is to include bands for a CO-headlining tour, hence I've tried to choose ones that are more or less in Testament's category, popularity-wise. I realize that Kreator and Sepultura are at least 5 times smaller than Testament in the States currently, but they've been around for just as long, have good repute and are still pretty popular in Europe, South America and in some countries on other continents as well. Try not to think of it as a US tour only. I don't know if all these bands are fully active now (Nevermore in particular), but let's assume they are. BTW, I'm not very familiar with most of those popular metalcore/hardcore bands (as I lay dying, between the buried and me, the black dahlia murder, heaven shall burn etc.) so I have not included most of them to not sound ridiculous.

I've come up with 26 names so there are 2 polls. Once all 5 boarders will have voted, I will make a final poll for the most popular 10-12 bands.

I'll start a poll with candidates for openers thereafter. Finally, a poll with bands Testament should open for will follow (that will be a short list, for sure).

Ok, for those of you who give a shit - MULTIPLE VOTING IS ALLOWED.

Be sure to check out part 1 too. Here's the link: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/testament/892952-who-should-co-headline-tour-testament-round-1-part-1-2-a.html.

Surprisingly, I've found more bands deserving the co-headlining slot in this second part than in part 1. Mastodon and Meshuggah would be good to draw some kids to Testament, plus they both are pretty good bands. Opeth and Symphony X could provide a lot of fans from different genres, but fans with good taste. OverKill and Newsted would be fun to watch beside Testament and probably cool for the band to hang out with, if nothing more.