Goreripper the Clairvoyant

That's funny, I can't remember the fourth act either. It wasn't Testament though. Marduk? Whatever... it was a half-arsed effort at putting on a European-style metal event but it fell apart for all kinds of reasons. The closest anyone's come to doing a successful metal "festival" type of thing was Gigantour (with Megadeth and Arch Enemy), and even that struggled to fill the Hordern Pavilion.

Cryptopsy, Doro, Immortal and someone else, testament maybe.

The problem with that though was that there wasn't a band on the bill that made me go "fuck yeah". I listen to a reasonably wide selection of metal, but the proposed bands weren't appealing enough. If Testament had been on the bill I would have been right up for it.

That's funny, I can't remember the fourth act either. It wasn't Testament though. Marduk? Whatever... it was a half-arsed effort at putting on a European-style metal event but it fell apart for all kinds of reasons. The closest anyone's come to doing a successful metal "festival" type of thing was Gigantour (with Megadeth and Arch Enemy), and even that struggled to fill the Hordern Pavilion.

yeah...but...MEEEETTAAAAAAAL:headbang:

It was Marduk who was meant to come out and headline but it was all sent to hell because of a certain person being beyond fucking useless and allegally a thief.

As it stood, most the bands did solo tours at time of this festival anyway.

I actually heard most of the reason i fell through was because certain deposits needed to by paid by a due date and initial ticket sales weren't high enough to cover the gap

Interesting... I didn't mean to sound like a smart-arse, I just didn't know any of them (beyond Testament) had any pulling power outside their home countries/continents.

Testament in Oz would be awesome :headbang:

Yeah all four of those bands at the same show should have drawn enough people to make it worthwhile, but because it was only going to be one show in Melbourne, that sort of killed it a bit. I know lots of people from Sydney were making plans for bus trips and such to go to the gig, but everyone was holding off buying tickets until closer to the date. The "promoter" was relying on a huge pre-sale buy up to make himself enough cash to back it, but it didn't happen.

Testament toured a year or so ago and fucking destroyed the place.