Fear Factory - Mechanize

FF is a great band, but not without their share of shit releases. The two remix albums are worthless, as is Transgression. I actually enjoy some of Digimortal, and Archetype was good (not great), but definitely a step in the right direction. Obsolete is a solid release with only a few clunkers, but anyone who says Fear Factory sucks and has not heard Demanufacture is simply ignorant. That album is classic all the way. I'll check out the new one.

I'm not sure why Bloodbath is being discussed, a band ripping off albums released almost twenty years ago, but get away with it because "hey man we're a tribute band" and also because of the "personalities" in the band.

RE: SOANM, it has some great songs, and those that are familiar with the band know which ones they are, but overall it just doesn't stand up. Bell's growls lacked power and after a while the songs tended to meld together. The album was also too long for what it was, a debut from 4 guys that needed only a few more years to hit their creative peak.

I really have no excuse for the recent (Digimortal days to present) interest in the album from certain people. It is quite obvious the album is inferior to both Demanufacture and Obsolete, however I'm trying to give those people credit in that they like the album because it was a fairly original release back in '92 (how many industrial death metal outfits were around then), and not because it has become fashionable to praise a band's earliest release whilst deriding the confirmed classic.

Fear Factory > Bloodbath in every way there is...You're comparing a well respected classic veteran of metal to a Tribute band that's pretty mediocre.

I think it's mildly funny that you pick up on things other people have said in other threads... and then regurgitate them as your own opinion.

Demanufacture is a classic. It still rocks my nuts off 15yrs later.. SOANM & Obsolete are both great albums also. Me thinks Mechanize will be up there with SOANM & Obsolete. I can't stop listening to it - good fuckin times.

I agree. Demanufacture is the apex of the band's creativity, and while they have other good albums, sadly Demanufacture is their only truly great record.

Songs like Zero Signal and Pisschrist are formidable constructions of sonic awesomeness.

Fear Factory is no longer a ghost band like Sepultura is now. I have always known Dino and Burton are the heart and soul of this unit, and without them there wouldn't be proper blueprints for future machines. I prefer if they get rid of Gene Hoglans fat ass and bring in Tim fucking Yeung then this band can go to the next level.