Feared 2007 re-recorded...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
Hey guys and sorry for spamming.

I did a little experiment this past week. I decided to see If I could re-record and totally re-mix the old Feared album from 2007 and finish it off within a week. Just to see how fast I can work(even if it's easier working your own stuff)

Anyway this is the outcome, hope you guys dig it.

You can actually buy the Deluxe edition, it has all the raw files, stems, mastering chain, DI-files, Kemper/Axe FX2/Pod HD profiles, Drum Midi etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bass is massive.. almost overbearing.. but I dig it, good job, dude, although i prefer some of your previous work

I actually dislike the guitar sound (I am pretty sure that someone is going to kill me now...) it fits the mix and so on
but I just don't like it, I just need more mid grind I think and it sounds a bit to "twangy" to my ears, everything else
is pretty cool and the bass is cool.

Are the guitars kemper'ed? :)

Yup! Kemper profiles used on album is included in the Deluxe Edition :)

That is fucking cool Ola.

Thanks bro! Actually this is what's included in the package:

- Signed CD-version of the Feared - Refeared album
- Digital version of Feared - Refeared

A DVD including:

- Feared Stems(audio files separated) for all songs
- RAW tracks. Mix the songs from scratch!
- Mastering notes and pictures
- Guitar DI files for all songs
- Drum MIDI for all songs
- Superior 2.0 Feared preset used for the album(Requires Superior 2.0 and SDX Metal Heads)
- Kemper Profiles used on album + all other Ola profiles
- Axe Fx 2 Ola banks(not used on album)
- Pod HD Pro patches(not used on album)
- Ola Englund signature pick

I think the guitar tone is pretty similar to what you've been getting lately, but I'll admit too, not a big fan of it. Sounds good though anyways dude ^_^ good stuff

EDIT: Listening with the M50's on.. I have to mirror what most others have said about the low end. That and I think that guitars are a bit too grating IMO. I liked the original tone better, sat better, less abrasive

It is really bass-heavy, but it still sounds badass. Can I get this off Amazon or something or does it have to be on your site? Also, how much are these deluxe versions in US dollars

Is it just youtube or is the whole mix clipping REALLY badly? Sounds like Death Magnetic over here.

EDIT: Scratch that, something wrong with Youtube on my end it seems.