Feared Mixing Competition 2013

Ola, please share some info about drum mics! overheads sounding great! what mics were used? preamps? for me this information would be VERY USEFUL

I believe you should ask that to Kevin Talley, because I suppose it was his studio. Drums sound similar to those he recorded for his mixing competition... at least kick trigger is same.

So there is my mix with some creativity!
Youtube still give little compression on snare hits, but soundcloud sound prety good.

Edit: had to re-compress everything harder, because than youtube won't ruin it that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ so you're gonna grab the systematic mixing guide if you win? :loco:

EDIT: Fuck my face, and you WILL WIN :lol:

Replaced video.

Omg, ERMZ slaying the pit (those delay automatizations was ace!)
I thought something weird (in good way) happening in guitar midrange... that was fucking bass guitar :D
Clean as clean possible. ERMZ, is my idol and after geting mixing guide my mixes went better.

Just compared Ermz' with Behinderts mix... Think those two take the cake so far, although I think I slightly prefer Behinderts mix

Decided to enter.
Did a master of my earlier posted mix.

If I get some time I might tidy up a few things in my entry. Funny thing I noticed for this song is that having tight/even bass in a way didn't work for it. Seems like it wants to be somewhat raw.

Here's my entry with a reamped Laboga "The Beast" for rhythms and bass. Kind of wish I'd done the "fill guitars" too. Fun tune to mix!

Rob