Female rock singers

Spiff, how could you of all people not mention Susannah Hoffs?

Metal and 'ard rawk wise, how about Doro, Kimberly Goss and Melissa Auf De Maur?

Or if you're after something a tad mellower, Patti Smith, Kate Bush, Suzanne Vega and Tori Amos.

I also really like Michelle Branch for some reason, though I haven't quite worked up the nerve to buy one of her albums yet. If I did, it would most likely be Hotel Paper.

W

Wrathchild said:
Spiff, how could you of all people not mention Susannah Hoffs?

I was gonna put her in but decided not to because she doesn't have much grunt. I never really thought of The Bangles as a rock band anyway.

Rock singing is all about the grunt, people.

did the Superjesus split up or something or is she just doing a solo album on the side?

I think the Superjesus split. McLeod was the only thing keeping them on their label once Chris Tennant left and took his songwriting with him. I realise they made two albums without him, but that was at least one too many.

But I do agree with Josh. Sarah McLeod has exactly the right rock chick voice.

Yeah she's good. I don't listen to them, but don't mind their stuff. Her attractiveness is just a bonus.

Cranking out kids with Nuno Bettencourt from Extreme, isn't she? She did a solo record (Telelove) after The Baby Animals split up, but I think it had a negative print run. Pity that such a good voice went to waste.

W